General Chat

Stevo985

Oh no, I can do sex OK. It's just football that's the problem.

I take it you don't use the rhythm method.

My favourite ever band name: The Rhythm Methodists.

My favorite ever drum solo

(though the only official recording of this tour, from Rio, calls it O Baterista).

Went shopping with some mates today and seeing as I'd spent alot more than them, they just paid me in cash for their items and I paid for everyones stuff on my card. I get home to see I'd been charged twice for an England shirt which I only bought 1 of (none of them bought a footy top either), can I do anything about it? or will they just say "you should have looked through a list of 20-odd items on the receipt and check them against the items in your bags".. even though it's only £30 I've lost out on, I'd have accepted it if I only bought a few things, because you should notice you were being overcharged £30 and were obviously not paying attention which is your own fault, but between us we must have spent around £350 or something, where you're not as likely to notice a £30 difference (especially when it's a few different peoples items). Takes the piss.

^^^ I don't know the policies in England but when you are double charged you should be able to dispute it. You will have to fill out paper work and go back to the store to get it proven that you only bought the one top. But once all of that is done you should have your 30 back.

Finally got round to applying for the graduate Civil Service Fast Stream.

The thing has just reminded me that I haven't done any serious maths in 6 years and wasn't all that comfortable with it in the first place. I just got raped by even mildly difficult percentages.

On the plus side my 'verbal reasoning' is good enough, apparently :D.

The thing has just reminded me that I haven't done any serious maths in 6 years and wasn't all that comfortable with it in the first place. I just got raped by even mildly difficult percentages.

Were you doing the Psychometrics?

Definitely not a Chinese lantern :lol: And MrWeed, out of a desire to not be labelled totally mad, I'm afraid I won't be explaining it. It was more a comment on the fact that if this does happen (and it did), you actually rather annoyingly have nowhere to turn and pretty much have to keep it to yourself or people put up pictures of men wearing tinfoil hats :lol:(cheers Chindie. I assure you that no aspartame died in the run-up to the unexplained observation)

Typically how many pints would you have before, during and after a match in Murrays?

I was on this for a while mate, have to say the most depressing part of my working life so far. You get raped in terms of work and then when you actually start to know what your talking about and whats really happening by being able to read between the lines youll see theres no bloody future in it for the next 5 years. Withdrew in the end and just carried on in the role I had.

Just because it got bought on VT, made me think about sweating.

Right now, I'm sweating, during presentations, if I go out, watching Villa etc.... I sweat so much, don't know how to stop it. Armpit, hands, rarely ever face though.

Yet when I play like tennis or football, I could play for 90 minutes in fairly hot weather and I don't sweat as much. I don't get it.

I was on this for a while mate, have to say the most depressing part of my working life so far. You get raped in terms of work and then when you actually start to know what your talking about and whats really happening by being able to read between the lines youll see theres no bloody future in it for the next 5 years. Withdrew in the end and just carried on in the role I had.

Hmm... it's the only thing thats jumped out at me with my degree... I think I've got to try really.

Not holding out much hope mind.

Life is so boring without people. All at Uni, most of them at Aber!!! About 7/8 I think. Makes me want to go there but not a fan of most of the courses.

I have 1 friend remaining, well I have others but they aren't people I like go to their houses or go out with them really unless there's a load of us.

Thankfully the friend is a Villa fan, plays tennis and has a membership at club we're starting to pay half each to use, mostly vs each other.

So yeah, depressing, but that's the story of me and my 1 friend.

I'll have 3 soon though. Fifa and Football Manager.

Ha, I'm in exactly the same position as you. 2 mates left really, but they both go to unis in Birmingham. One has a girlfriend and the other is the laziest person I've ever met so I don't see them that much. Buh.

Â