General Chat

Stevo985

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My mom's about to have hers done for £5k including scaffolding 

Her main problem was finding the right one, it's gone from 3 companies coming out to try and do a patch to having to do the whole roof

5k is cheap for a full roof replacement. Might only be tiles, but if the roof needs replacing everything underneath will too. You wanna be budgeting closer to 10k

Just now, Xela said:

That was at 10pm

At 1:45am...

Reveal hidden contents

IjBFoyW.jpeg

We would have some right dodgy pictures and videos if we had smart phones in them days.

Lights come on, few drunken dances still going on, then against the upright, some minger with his hands down some sweaty fat birds pants. To be fair probably be arrested for it these days😂

• Haha 2

My youngest daughter (18) has a party and I'm deported to the TV-room. 11 girls and 5 boys. Well played lads, the odds are in your favour

I can feel hormones flying through the walls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

then against the upright, some minger with his hands down some sweaty fat birds pants...

Go on...

what-daffy-duck.gif

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

We would have some right dodgy pictures and videos if we had smart phones in them days.

Amen to that! 

People used to concentrate on having a good time... nowadays a lot of people seem to be more concerned about giving the impression to strangers on social media that they are having a good time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Amen to that! 

People used to concentrate on having a good time... nowadays a lot of people seem to be more concerned about giving the impression to strangers on social media that they are having a good time. 

Totally agree mate,, not to sound old, but the 1990s in the Dome, Ritzy, Central park are the best that will ever be. It's just not the same now and I doubt ever will be.

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Every generation believes their time will never be topped. It's the way of the world. 

Absolutely, my Dad still thinks the clubs of Broad Street and John Bright Street in the 70's were the best!

For me, I'd have liked have seen the new romantic era in the 80's - the Rum Runner club etc. 

Just now, Xela said:

Absolutely, my Dad still thinks the clubs of Broad Street and John Bright Street in the 70's were the best!

For me, I'd have liked have seen the new romantic era in the 80's - the Rum Runner club etc. 

The Rum Runner was a shithole if the truth be known

Its often the way with the clubs that that Underground youth cults are formed around or become “legendary”

The Roxy, Eric’s, The Batcave, Planet X, even the superclubs like Cream were a shithole if you scratched the surface (or simply went for a piss)

Those clubs were never really about the club, they were about the people that went there

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its often the way with the clubs that that Underground youth cults are formed around or become “legendary”

The Roxy, Eric’s, The Batcave, Planet X, even the superclubs like Cream were a shithole if you scratched the surface (or simply went for a piss)

Those clubs were never really about the club, they were about the people that went there

The classic example in your neck of the woods being The Cavern (the original one, not the tourist replica). Whatever you may think of The Beatles, it must have been electric to have been in that scene in 1961-62. And it was an acknowledged piss-stinking dump. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The classic example in your neck of the woods being The Cavern (the original one, not the tourist replica). Whatever you may think of The Beatles, it must have been electric to have been in that scene in 1961-62. And it was an acknowledged piss-stinking dump. 

Yep, I've heard that said a few times

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Newcastle Riverside was the shithole of all shitholes for me. 

When Off-Topic is eerily quiet - like it is right now - it's usually a sign that something big is happening over in On Topic. 

But I'm not going in there today, no way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When Off-Topic is eerily quiet - like it is right now - it's usually a sign that something big is happening over in On Topic. 

Not a lot going on there.   Apparently, we need a midfielder or two, though.  Oh, and a new manager.   And a new Director of Football or whatever Lange's title is.   And perhaps a new Chief Executive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Not a lot going on there.   Apparently, we need a midfielder or two, though.  Oh, and a new manager.   And a new Director of Football or whatever Lange's title is.   And perhaps a new Chief Executive.

Self entitled fans. I can't stomach on-topic anymore. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Off topic seems to have been quiet for a few days I think. 

• Like 1

Â