General Chat

Stevo985

Oh, you want a K-Pop off? 'Cos I will bring the noise. 

MC Mong destroys the opposition:

This video has it all - our hero being hit in the head by a newspaper, saving a beauty from rapists, a mullet for the ages, and best of all his face appearing on stuffed animals.

Plus the music is actually listenable unlike above ;)

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

missus has gone to lichfield with mates, so my mum is coming round for a few drinks as its her birthday. i'll report back later ;)

Tell us how it went!

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Plus the music is actually listenable unlike above ;)

That's dreadful :D

Try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcfH7hwkk

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They all seem quite similar to me.  Not my cup of tea.

Used to import records and managed to persuade my previous employers to take K-Pop seriously -  Just before Gangnam.

They made a ton of cash, but I was on Korean telly :rolleyes:

Tbh the product knowledge came from my partner in crime, ms Koo.

Though it's fairly obvious the Oriental production standards are way higher than the standard pop bilge at home.

33 minutes ago, Xann said:

Did you not suspect this would happen?

I think this is to balance out the baby pic :)

I was trolling, of course. I thought there would be a few "Harumph, miserable bugger, typical bloke" type responses, and that would be it, rather than the hormonal shitstorm that kicked off. I suppose in a way, that's a success. And it's still rolling, especially since my friend Helen weighed in on my side and started getting abuse herself. It's all very odd. 

EDIT: Far be it from me to suggest any of you lot join in to keep it on the boil. Oh no, that would be terrible. 

Edited by mjmooney

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

... Far be it from me to suggest any of you lot join in to keep it on the boil. Oh no, that would be terrible. 

Jesus, I don't use FB to comment on discussions like that.

Though it would be fun to give you some Roger Mellie style abuse :)

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I think I've triggered a Facebook 'Hall of Fame' thread. I made a comment on a post, and it all kicked off (I assume this link will work for any FB user?) Find my initial comment, and see what happened...

You remember jokes, dontcha?

"Not all men are like you Mike Mooney. Thank God for that"

That's a new signature for you, right there, Mike.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think I've triggered a Facebook 'Hall of Fame' thread. I made a comment on a post, and it all kicked off (I assume this link will work for any FB user?) Find my initial comment, and see what happened...

You remember jokes, dontcha?

Nice one Mike. 

This is exactly the reason I'm not on Facebook or any other social media with the notable exception of VT (not sure how I was able to read all that without being on FB, but there you go). 

My personal favourite comment was from one of your supporters who wrote "....you women roasting Mike Mooney...".

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

Oh, you want a K-Pop off? 'Cos I will bring the noise. 

MC Mong destroys the opposition:

This video has it all - our hero being hit in the head by a newspaper, saving a beauty from rapists, a mullet for the ages, and best of all his face appearing on stuffed animals.

Plus the music is actually listenable unlike above [emoji6]

Is that the guy that deliberately broke his arm to avoid national service?

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is that the guy that deliberately broke his arm to avoid national service?

I believe the controversy related to whether or not he'd instructed a dentist to remove some of his teeth, or whether he'd instructed the dentist to lie about his teeth, or something like that. It was definitely tooth-related. He got a suspended prison sentence for it I believe, although recently had a 'comeback album'. 

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I believe the controversy related to whether or not he'd instructed a dentist to remove some of his teeth, or whether he'd instructed the dentist to lie about his teeth, or something like that. It was definitely tooth-related. He got a suspended prison sentence for it I believe, although recently had a 'comeback album'. 

That was it.  I used him as an example in my debate class, got the arm breaking thing mixed up with another incident.

Are 'A Pink' still around?  Phwoar.

Â