General Chat

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We've got no water in our offices. No taps, no toilets, no canteen...

Shouldn't we all be sent home?

Businesses in the UK are legally obliged to provide their staff with clean drinking water, washing facilities and toilets.  I presume the supply to your office has been temporarily cut off for some reason? Is it a wider problem (ie, the entire street) or just your place?   If you want to try your luck then you can insist you need the toilet and slope off for a while that way.

I'm not desperate to leave (or for the bog :) ). I'm just surprised that all the water is gone and they seem to be debating whether people need to be sent home. I'd have thought it was an instant thing.

We don't have a street really. All our offices are on one big site. They're doing loads of work on site building new offices and out on the road building a dual carrageway, so my guess is that's **** it all up.

Proper noisy around midnight

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No sleep between 2:30am and 4:30am then up for work at 6:00...

11 - 12 in London last night was as noisy as i can remember it being here.

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not desperate to leave (or for the bog :) ). I'm just surprised that all the water is gone and they seem to be debating whether people need to be sent home. I'd have thought it was an instant thing.

We don't have a street really. All our offices are on one big site. They're doing loads of work on site building new offices and out on the road building a dual carrageway, so my guess is that's **** it all up.

I'd have thought that depends on how long they expect the water to be out for.  If it was gone when you arrived and they don't expect it to be back on before the working day is over then I think you have a legitimate case to go home.  If it's just anticipated to be out for an hour or so then maybe the company would ask you to be reasonable. They probably don't want to have to send everybody home on full pay if they can get away with it. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Modern day workers are effectively slaves, at a more humane company it would be an instant 'go home and take your much needed shit', but clearly your company doesn't see these rights as important. 

Slaves with access to Villatalk during the working day :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Did ypu leave early? "Main building" had its reserve tanks and only had no water for about half an hour before it came back on about site wide at 11:30.

Yeah. Worked form home, but we were without water since we got in. 

8 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

looking at a 2010 Renault mpv .....after reading a few reviews it 50% car is fine 50% pile o shite  

Really depends on your budget. I've had a few French cars over the years and they've been fine for cheap run abouts. If you're spending a reasonable amount of money though and it would be a massive deal if it let you down then I'd look elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Really depends on your budget. I've had a few French cars over the years and they've been fine for cheap run abouts. If you're spending a reasonable amount of money though and it would be a massive deal if it let you down then I'd look elsewhere.

Budget is tight enough ....comes with a 1 year Renault warranty....but its a Renault  

I won't bump the thread, but good question @SammyD I'd say Blur were the better of the two, they had the best albums the best songs and the most creativity. Although it's fair to say Oasis had some catchy tunes and they can be quite entertaining in interviews. I think the a fairer comparison would have been Radiohead or Blur, I think Blur just pip it.

My taken on Oasis and Blur has always been:

Oasis are very good at what they do, but that's ALL they do and it all sounds the same, and Blur are more innovative and varied but some stuff I like and some stuff I hate.

• Like 4

Â