General Chat

Stevo985

I am sooo tired.

Had a 4 day weekend, I'm back in work and I'm knackered, properly useless. 

Three black coffees before 9:30am hasn't worked and has left me with nowhere to go to get myself lifted to read a report then go on a conference call to discuss it in all its boring glory.

I foresee technical problems causing me to, regretfully, postpone the meeting.

My work just seem intent on pissing everyone off. It's like a masterclass on how NOT to motivate your staff. I can't believe it.

Your appraisal is done on your monthly performance. That appraisal is important for getting more money. The appraisal is done off a 'performance tool' which takes your data and gives you a grade. This sounds fair but it's weighted against how long you've been there. The criteria are your call/email/ticket checks and 5 'long term drivers' which aren't measurable targets'. They're bullshit statements which they assess you against. Apparently the longer you've been there, the higher you'll score on them. So it means, you can be outstanding in your checks but come out as average overall due to the 'long term drivers'. Seems a bit daft for a monthly performance review.

Now they've changed the call checks. Before, if you did everything perfectly, you'd get 100% and come out as outstanding. Now there's an extra thing called 'extra mile'. Basically, if you don't do 'the extra mile' (which is totally subjective) then you can't be anymore than 'meets expectation'. I spoke to my supervisor about this because I had 100% call check but only came out as 95% (meets) due to 'extra mile'. You get assessed on 5 calls a month and having looked at my calls, there wasn't any more I could have done. He said 'you can't go the extra mile on every call' meaning that the managers are capping peoples performance on purpose stopping them from getting a pay rise.

Lastly, they've blocked anybody from getting a promotion. It's a big centre with many desks so people get promoted to other desks. However our managers have blocked anybody from going. Our agents are in demand because we're well trained but we're blocked from being promomted internally.

It's an absolute nonsense. Spectacular failings.

My work just seem intent on pissing everyone off. It's like a masterclass on how NOT to motivate your staff. I can't believe it.

Your appraisal is done on your monthly performance. That appraisal is important for getting more money. The appraisal is done off a 'performance tool' which takes your data and gives you a grade. This sounds fair but it's weighted against how long you've been there. The criteria are your call/email/ticket checks and 5 'long term drivers' which aren't measurable targets'. They're bullshit statements which they assess you against. Apparently the longer you've been there, the higher you'll score on them. So it means, you can be outstanding in your checks but come out as average overall due to the 'long term drivers'. Seems a bit daft for a monthly performance review.

Now they've changed the call checks. Before, if you did everything perfectly, you'd get 100% and come out as outstanding. Now there's an extra thing called 'extra mile'. Basically, if you don't do 'the extra mile' (which is totally subjective) then you can't be anymore than 'meets expectation'. I spoke to my supervisor about this because I had 100% call check but only came out as 95% (meets) due to 'extra mile'. You get assessed on 5 calls a month and having looked at my calls, there wasn't any more I could have done. He said 'you can't go the extra mile on every call' meaning that the managers are capping peoples performance on purpose stopping them from getting a pay rise.

Lastly, they've blocked anybody from getting a promotion. It's a big centre with many desks so people get promoted to other desks. However our managers have blocked anybody from going. Our agents are in demand because we're well trained but we're blocked from being promomted internally.

Welcome to the corporate world! Might as well sack it off now, and just become a teacher or something.

• Like 1

It's frustrating. I like the work and my colleagues but it's just like the managers are crapping on the agents with a new idea every month. Not a way to keep morale high.

I am sooo tired.

Same here. Arrived almost an hour late for work this morning having slept past my stop and woken up at Arnos Grove. Damn you, bank holiday weekends!

Finally in a good position to buy my first home but it just feels like that prices have increased so much that everything is out I want is out of reach.  Very frustrating.  Now thinking of maybe just investing in a property instead so that I use my money well.

Finally in a good position to buy my first home but it just feels like that prices have increased so much that everything is out I want is out of reach.  Very frustrating.  Now thinking of maybe just investing in a property instead so that I use my money well.

Lol, it's annoying, but the houses are probably going to be as cheap as they are for a few years.

I was always annoyed that even if my house goes up in value by 10%, the houses I would want to move into do too, so it's just as hard to move up the ladder :(

Just as I'd managed to save the deposit and get the promotion that meant I could afford the £26,500 house in town the prices started going up by about £500 a week - every week.

At £30,000 I thought my chance of having a house had gone. But luckily, the building society explained to me that the silly old fashioned 3+1 times your salaries and 10% deposit didn't really matter any more and they were happy to lend us 'whatever' in the brave new world of early 90's finance. In fact, they could give us 'whatever' plus some more for furnishing the place.

And here we are.

My biggest issue is that I need to buy in the South East either Bucks/Herts or East London.  I wanted to buy a few years ago but I just didn't have the deposit and now prices in areas that I looked at such as Leytonstone have rocketed.  When I was looking you could get a 2 bed garden flat for £250k to £275k.  2 years later these are worth between £350k and £400k! Now my budget is £350k but I can't justify spending that on anything less than a house.

Watched the snooker final over the weekend and remembered back to when it was big deal! The final used to get huge viewing figures, albeit in the days of 4 channels only

How are your TPS reports looking?

• Like 1

Watched the snooker final over the weekend and remembered back to when it was big deal! The final used to get huge viewing figures, albeit in the days of 4 channels only

As soon as Jimmy White lost the plot; that was the end for me.

I've to be somewhere at 3:45pm today in a shirt and tie. This morning I got up and put on civvies. Then after breakfast I changed into a shirt and tie. Now I'm just sitting about for the next two hours in a shirt and tie. And horribly uncomfortable shoes. 

Could I go change back into my civvies? I really don't have a **** idea what I'm doing one minute to the next.

Someone's brought a box of these in to work..

flowers%5Cchocolates%5Cferrero30._ferrer

As well as a box of these..

product_collection_16.png

And the ones in the first box are much bigger than in the second. I've put one of the orignal ones in the 'collection' box and the ruddy lid won't shut!

Can you believe this scam!? I bet they thought nobody was going to notice didn't they? Well, haha, they're going to feel pretty silly when they receive my letter! 

• Like 2

Â