General Chat

Stevo985

Sorry to hear that mate!

Cheers dude (and everyone else)

Just been to see him, absolutely soul destroying seeing someone you love in that state. Nearly cried as soon as I saw him but managed to hold it in :(

Our family has been fortunate over the years and we haven't lost anyone or had illnesses, so this is all new to me

Sorry to hear that mate!

Cheers dude (and everyone else)

Just been to see him, absolutely soul destroying seeing someone you love in that state. Nearly cried as soon as I saw him but managed to hold it in :(

Our family has been fortunate over the years and we haven't lost anyone or had illnesses, so this is all new to me

Sorry to hear your bad news. Stuff like this is awful. I remember going to see my Grandad in hospital after a similar thing happened to him. Not ashamed to admit I cried my eyes out. Unfortunately it's something nearly everyone will have to experience at some point in their life. 

Well I have had an opportunity drop in my lap and I'm now looking at applying for another job, I've need to get my CV into them tomorrow morning (It's already late so they are making an exception for me)

Only thing is that I have never had a CV and it is going to look pretty **** bland seeings that I have worked in the same company for pretty much my entire working career and have only worked on 2 departments in all that time, I know they are all about bull shitting yourself up but I'm not much cop at that, plus the fact that my neighbor is having a full on party next door with the bloke from downstairs and is blasting classical music absolutely full blast isn't make the task much **** easier.

It's currently flight of the bumble **** bee that I am listening to. I may just **** this CV malarkey and get into work tomorrow morning and get it sorted then

do I need to say what school I went to and shit like that on a CV

Nah...

Usually CV is:

Name

Contact details

Qualifications - if its not for a graduate job then you can bullshit these. They NEVER check things like gcse results.

Short Personal statement - good communication skills, team player, blah, blah, bullshit

Experience - make sure you dont make up stuff that you didnt do but defo exaggerate so you seemed like you did a more important role then it really was.

Personal bio - your a chess master, into fine art, blah blah (optional to have this on cv)

At end simple put 'references available on request'.

Or type in google 'cv examples' just copy them and change the details to yours.

Cover letters are what I hate! Never know what to write.

is 28 still classed as reasonably young? I'm not sure these days.

Well seeings as this is my only real job I have ever had I suppose I had better put it down then, I don't have a clue what I took in my GCSE's I know I didn't get a single C though because I was either banned from taking the exams or just couldn't be arsed to try with them (I actually turned up drunk for one or two of them) no one checks that shit do they though, I'll just lie about that bit

• Like 1

Definitely put at least a grade C in maths and English. 

This, you can just about get away with getting no c's in any other subject but maths and English would be a must even if you have to bullshit.

Just take a pic of your bicep with the caption

"Hire me and your figures will go stratospheric you bumbaclaarts. Make it happen "

They will be sucking you into the firm via your enchilada .,

do I need to say what school I went to and shit like that on a CV

hey, very very best of luck

I'd suggest you don't need to put your school down.

I would make a virtue of your long employment in one place. This is proof of loyalty and a desire to stick to a task and get it done, proof that you've enjoyed working as part of a team. It's only now that you've decided you need to be stretched a little more and look for new challenges. You know, biased bullshit that puts you in a good light.

If you have ever done any sort of voluntary work, helping out on an office give n gain day, a charity run, made soup for feckless tramps 6 years ago, anything, big it up like your Princess Diana but with a soul.

If you have any sort of exclusion orders, if there are parts of town with schools where you're not allowed to loiter, no need to mention that.

• Like 1

Speaking of jobs, my new place have put me in a bit of a tricky position. I'm only a month into it and my probation lasts for three months but being the team player and nice guy that I am I made my self available to take part in some trade shows.

I'm down to do Wednesday and Thursday down in London for this show the week after next and I was a reserve for the following Wednesday and Thursday too. I live an hour from my place of work and we're to meet there at 6am to drive down to London on the Wednesday morning. We won't be getting back until around midnight/the early hours of Friday morning which means I will get back to my place of work and have to drive another hour back home. This means I will get back at 1am and then have to be up 6am for the following Friday at work.

So I booked the Friday off as holiday - which is annoying because I've been pushed into spending my holiday when I don't want to.

Then things got even worse today when someone dropped out of the following week, so I'm doing both weeks now. Not only this, but the guy who drives everyone down in the people carrier broke his foot and I'm the most experienced driver out of everyone going down apparently, so they asked if I could do it.

So basically that means I will work all day and then while everyone else gets to sleep or relax in the car on the way back, I'll be driving all the way back to the Midlands from London and then an hour back to my place. 

If something goes wrong - touchwood it doesn't of course - how is that going to look when I'm still on my three month probation? I think they've put me on the spot here and it's a tad unfair. I personally think it's taking the piss to ask me to do a show at all since I've only been there a month, but two shows AND chauffering everyone down to London is a complete farce. I also live further away than most who work there, so I'll be the last one home and the first one up in the morning to get in on time.

Edited by Ginko

Â