General Chat

Stevo985

So, I'm in a lot of trouble at work. Or at least I will be in the next few hours, tomorrow morning at the latest. Not entirely sure how I prepare myself for what's going to be the single worst bollocking I've ever had in my life

I have had my fair share from birth til now . I guarantee that whatever you have done pales into insignificance with the passage of time . They can't make you pregnant at the end of the day . Don't let it get to you.

This is true. However there could not have been a worse time for this to happen in terms of the company I work for. I could potentially have cost us the big contract that was keeping us afloat

Now, it wasn't something done through malice or even gross negligence/incompetence, and I've essentially kept us afloat for 2 years in two continents, but that's unlikely to be at the forefront of the conversation

It's all quite silly, too. I used the word "asshole" in the header if an article in a magazine which the company we produce it for have taken umbrage with, the one fecking time the company actually read the magazine.

Any time other than now that would've been a laughed off thing, but they've only home and told us YESTERDAY that they were putting things on hold to reassess their finances, asking us to propose an alternative solution that costs less to them next week. Essentially, I've given them the perfect reason to walk away - and we can't afford to lose them.

The boss hasn't seen the email yet, which basically said they're pulling the magazine from circulation because of it - and I assume they'll refuse to pay for it, leaving a $30k print bill that we can't afford to pay since our profit margins are quite low in this particular agreement.

So yeah, as silly and all as it is, it's also pretty serious.

I wouldn't mind, but contextually the use of the word was fine, and they're being offended over nothing. I could understand if it was something insanely stupid on my part. But it wasn't... It never even crossed my mind to use another word when proofing it, such was the innocence of its use

I ordered 50 boxes of ration packs once (100 per box) instead of 50 individual packs .

We still won the war on terror eventually.,

Shit happens .

Â