General Chat

Stevo985

I didn't really know what to say at first, and initially didn't feel it right to post, but your attitude is both amazing and inspiring. How the **** can I moan about something like a bad day at work, really? Keep fighting, irreverentad, and live it to the full.

**** Ad, you are a brave **** hero, genuinely my new inspiration in life and I'm truly glad to have shared a few laughs with you on here and twitter mate and keep fighting the **** word removedy bastard thing as much as you can so I can share a few more. Hope your missus and family are ok.

Your a legend chap. **** legend. :thumb:

All the best to your mum Stevo. I hope the treament goes to plan.

first time I have ventured into OT for a while. My own fight with cancer is in full flow although I cannot win, i am not going to let it take me easily. Had 2 rounds of chemo so now hair is going. Looking good with a No. 1 skin head though haha!

Hope everyone is good and keeping well. I have been bed bound with a DVT and clots in my leg for 7 weeks so laptop not been out but ipad ordered so shoud be on more soon!

Thanks, and PM'd.

All the best to your mum Stevo. I hope the treament goes to plan.

first time I have ventured into OT for a while. My own fight with cancer is in full flow although I cannot win, i am not going to let it take me easily. Had 2 rounds of chemo so now hair is going. Looking good with a No. 1 skin head though haha!

Hope everyone is good and keeping well. I have been bed bound with a DVT and clots in my leg for 7 weeks so laptop not been out but ipad ordered so shoud be on more soon!

It is to yourself and others who are fighting this battle that have my utmost respect. I've mentioned a few times that my mate is too fighting but he his keeping his chin up and I hope that whatever life may through at you during this time that you take heart in knowing that you have good friends and family who care about you very much. All the very best in your battle ahead.

irreverentad mate keep your chin up, you said its the first time you have been into off topic for a while but keep on coming whenever you can, its good to hear from you...plus I miss your old avatar popping up in every topic I click on

Having worked for the NHS's mental health internal staffing agency for the last 5 years I have never really been ready or able really to make the jump to commit to getting my own place as ive had to book my own shifts and kind of earn a living from week to week meaning my life has been stalling a lot in recent memory. However, I have just come off the phone with the manager of my favourite place I have done shifts at and have been offered a permanent job there!

Its a minor step down a role and its about a grand less than what i'm on at the moment but as its permanent it is guaranteed pay every month and it will be nice to get paid sick pay and for annual leave(as if im ill or have a day off I don't currently get paid so in effect it should level out with my current pay scale)

I can finally plan for things! Massive weight off my shoulders. Any agency staff will appreciate the security of a permanent job. So **** elated right now!

• Like 3

Went to the LC swimming pool today with my youngest. Not many people there, 8 or 10 tops.

The alarm went off, I looked around and a kid is being hoiked out by the guard with a long pole! Seriously, it went from a quiet swim to alarms sounding and staff pouring in from everywhere in seconds.

I was actually really impressed with the staff, they looked like a couple of disinterested kids and then turned instantly into life savers. Had the kid out on the side of the pool and recovering before I'd even quite worked out what was going on. Where the hell all the other staff materialised from so quickly I have no idea.

The kid was fine (the nan was beside herself). Well impressed.

Â