General Chat

Stevo985

So in the past month I moved to the US after spending the better part of the last five years in Scotland. Got three job interviews coming up and extremely excited/anxious to see what happens! Hoping to get one of the jobs up in Washington DC so I can move in with one of my old friends who has the ultimate bachelor pad in the city!

So in the past month I moved to the US after spending the better part of the last five years in Scotland. Got three job interviews coming up and extremely excited/anxious to see what happens! Hoping to get one of the jobs up in Washington DC so I can move in with one of my old friends who has the ultimate bachelor pad in the city!

Nice one, good luck!

Where are you living now?

Yep, Doctor was positive, told her it's "100% curable" these days.

Won't know for sure until she gets her mammogram and biopsy results back in a couple of weeks. But fingers crossed they've caught it early.

Still scary though.

Yep, Doctor was positive, told her it's "100% curable" these days.

Won't know for sure until she gets her mammogram and biopsy results back in a couple of weeks. But fingers crossed they've caught it early.

Still scary though.

Well, to be brutally honest, "100% cure-ABLE" doesn't mean that 100% get cured. It's still something of a lottery, sadly. But yes, the odds nowadays are WAY better than they were (say) 20 years ago. My missus is living proof.

Sorry to hear it, but if you're gonna get that b*stard illness then that's not a bad type to get. Just get it early. Hopefully all will be well :thumb:

All the best to your mum Stevo. I hope the treament goes to plan.

first time I have ventured into OT for a while. My own fight with cancer is in full flow although I cannot win, i am not going to let it take me easily. Had 2 rounds of chemo so now hair is going. Looking good with a No. 1 skin head though haha!

Hope everyone is good and keeping well. I have been bed bound with a DVT and clots in my leg for 7 weeks so laptop not been out but ipad ordered so shoud be on more soon!

first time I have ventured into OT for a while. My own fight with cancer is in full flow although I cannot win, i am not going to let it take me easily. Had 2 rounds of chemo so now hair is going. Looking good with a No. 1 skin head though haha!

Hope everyone is good and keeping well. I have been bed bound with a DVT and clots in my leg for 7 weeks so laptop not been out but ipad ordered so shoud be on more soon!

**** mate.

I literally have no words.............

How does one reply to this? :( Hang in there mate!

I think I may have posted negatively. I am in a positive frame of mind to fight the beast as hard as I can and my spirits are great.

I am not scared of dying which means I can fight because I love life. Besides I have a great opportunity to say bye to people I love. Still I can fight hard and aim for a couple of years.

But honestly I am positive. I would rather take this on than any of my friends and family.

• Like 1

Â