General Chat

Stevo985

I am avoiding London like the plague. The nearest I've come to an 'involvement' in the Olympics was a few weeks back when I was told by some jobsworth security bod that I wasn't allowed to walk through the high street to get to my regular newsagent because the torch was being paraded in front of McDonald's, thus apparently requiring a mile-wide cordon of said high street and employment of an entire PMC by the local council.

Subsequently, I was rather **** off that I couldn't get my lunchtime Pringles, Irn-bru and Lion bar and have since boycotted the Olympics in protest.

I've stood up on that platform where Mr H used to do his "motivational speeches". It was snowing, and was pretty eerie looking out over the field.

It's now 1.FCN's training pitch and they weren't there, so it was always going to be a bit spooky!

I must have an aversion to white. If I see anyone with a white phone I think flash nob! Its exactly the same when I see a bloke with a white car.

I have a white phone. And a white car.

I am flash though...

I knew you would! :winkold:

Natch...

I must have an aversion to white. If I see anyone with a white phone I think flash nob! Its exactly the same when I see a bloke with a white car.

I have a white phone. And a white car.

I am flash though...

I knew you would! :winkold:

Natch...

Over here most cars are white. ( people think that white cars are cooler ?!)

Every time I read a thread on this site, every other thread is then marked as read.

Rather annoying...anyone else getting this?

Every time I read a thread on this site, every other thread is then marked as read.

Rather annoying...anyone else getting this?

Not every time, but occasionally, all threads "go blue" for no apparent reason. It's been happening for years.

Over here most cars are white. ( people think that white cars are cooler ?!)

I assume you mean cooler in temperature and not cooler as in a fashion statement.

I'm no expert, but it was my understanding that things that appear white in colour reflect all of the wavelengths of light from the sun (since white light is all of the different wavelengths of light combined together) and therefore heat since heat is a by-product of light.

We only see colours when white light hits an object and only one of the wavelengths is reflected back to our eye, the others are absorbed. This is why objects that appear black in colour (although black isn't really a colour, it's a shade) get very hot. They absorb all of the wavelengths of white light, and therefore the heat which is a by-product, and reflect none back.

So having white cars in a hot country makes absolute sense since the wavelength of light from the sun are all reflected and not absorbed.

It's been a while since I learned this though so I'm probably wrong about some of it.

Related to VT but couldnt be bothered to start a thread; I cant believe Thomas "Pongo" Waring is yet to be inducted into the Villa hall of fame. Surely next year? Perhaps the greatest Villa striker ever, his ashes where even scatered in the goal infront of the Holte!

Related to VT but couldnt be bothered to start a thread; I cant believe Thomas "Pongo" Waring is yet to be inducted into the Villa hall of fame. Surely next year? Perhaps the greatest Villa striker ever, his ashes where even scatered in the goal infront of the Holte!

You should start a campaign

is anyone else getting random words linking to adverts on this site today or is my computer being ghey???

Did you by chance recently download some sort of add on for your browser leemond? Perhaps a video player or something like that from online? If so I am pretty sure that is your problem and you will want to uninstall it.

You should start a campaign

Will you follow 8)

Â