General Chat

Stevo985

Has anybody use MusicMagpie yet?

Got a heap of old DVD's and CD's that are just clogging up space, what sort of rates do you get?

yep.

some popular stuff might only get pennies, but some less popular stuff that you think might be worthless can get pretty good rates.

some random DVD of 'the history of tractors' that would normally go in the bin got £5.

so its just depends on your collection, and whether those things are in demand or not.

Got a heap of old DVD's and CD's that are just clogging up space, what sort of rates do you get?

I got about 38 quid of them for a shoebox of DVDs/games, but about half of that was from 2 games alone as they were recent ones. Some of the older stuff you get about 30p each for, which isn't great, but it's money for old rope, and it does add up if you send them enough stuff.

I got about 38 quid of them for a shoebox of DVDs/games, but about half of that was from 2 games alone as they were recent ones. Some of the older stuff you get about 30p each for, which isn't great, but it's money for old rope, and it does add up if you send them enough stuff.

they were also doing an offer (don't know if they still are).

send them any 500 cd's/dvd's, and they'll give you a whole teams football kits.

Thanks guys,

It is a little easier playing a less major sport for a fairly small country. Although Ireland are around the 7th/8th rank in the world which includes The Iroquois (native americans who get their own national team out of respect for their sport) They however did not make the Worlds in Manchester due to Iroquois Passports not being accepted by the UK even when America and Hilary Clinton got involved and vouched for them. Was a real shame!

Wouldn't it have been smart of them to carry US passports too?

Maybe but obviously they see their Heritage as an extremely important matter

They have travelled on a team on those passports to tournaments since 1977 not having a problem

Theoretically they were invited to compete in the tournament as the nation of Iroquois by the U.K

But i guess the main factor is they are Iroquois not the US or Canada(some would be from Canada)

That is infinitely debatable, isnt it? I read a bit more on the story and it seems we refused to let them in because we didnt know whether the USA would have them back, which is fair enough given the hoo ha over immigration that is always in the news here.

The US vouched for them, that wasnt good enough for us, again understandably so, then the US offered them passports which they refused.

Now I get that they consider their heritage to be very important. They might not recognise the US as a point of principle but the undeniable truth is that they are entitled to a passport and their life would have been made much easier with one. Just because you carry a passport doesnt mean you surrender your nationality. People carry multiple passports all the time, there are more people who hold dual citizenship in this world than you can shake a stick at. They probably should have done that.

I think if you are reading up on this alot of news sites from the U.K are not the best source of imformation, i believe one paper talks about how in their first game they were to play against The British team however there is no british team, there is an English/Scottish/Welsh and i guess Irish team.

But the way i saw it happening was that the U.S did eventually (very vey late) allow them to travel and then the U.K did not allow them visas even though it was believed that they would allow the visas once the U.S. agreed to let them back into the country, which i am pretty sure eventually was the case.

Personally i dont think they should have flown on U.S passports if they are being invited to play as the iroquios, its a matter of pride. Its a shame they didnt play, as they play a diferent way to other national teams but i fully respect their decision.

this might be a better read on the subject

Right, need an answer for a possible small heath (eurgh) related question.

Who does former arse striker and all round dreary pundit Alan Smith support? My mongole bluenose brother says he supports Arsenal or Villa while im sure he follows our dirty neighbours. Anyone care to clear this up so I can prove him wrong?

Edit: Just realised this is probably best suited for the other football board. Mods, feel free to move this.

Whats the best size tele if you want it on the wall, in a bedroom? Not too big. Im planning christmas presents so it gives me a chance to save money and looking to get the parents a nice flatscreen for their bedroom.

Would 22inch be big enough?

How easy would it be for a 28 year old male with no money and no college behind him to go to uni?

Open University is the way forward...!

You can do as much or as little as you want, making it easy to study along work. If your earning under a certain amount you can get a lot of financial support as much as 100%. A lot of their courses are online making it accessible. Plus in a lot of cases you don't have to have A levels or equivalent to start a degree course...!

Check them out http://www.open.ac.uk/

Def recommend it...!

How easy would it be for a 28 year old male with no money and no college behind him to go to uni?

Open University is the way forward...!

You can do as much or as little as you want, making it easy to study along work. If your earning under a certain amount you can get a lot of financial support as much as 100%. A lot of their courses are online making it accessible. Plus in a lot of cases you don't have to have A levels or equivalent to start a degree course...!

Check them out http://www.open.ac.uk/

Def recommend it...!

Unless the attraction to uni was lots of shagging and parties then the OU is not the way to go!

Unless the attraction to uni was lots of shagging and parties then the OU is not the way to go!

Indeed that is the attraction. The whole experience really. The educational aspect is of course a massive plus, but if you're gonna do something why do it by half eh?

Not knocking the OU it's awesome.

Â