General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you have a cleaner for your pillow shed Sid? :D

Don't be ridiculous. 

I have a chief spider catcher though.  And he has an assistant spider catcher too. 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 06:34, Rugeley Villa said:

Just a general observation over the last few months and it really has been literally just the last few months where I’ve noticed. Rugeley was prominently and still is a white British  town. I’ve noticed there’s been a significant shift in the amount and of other foreigners that have settled here and it’s very obvious when you walk through the town. Eastern European , Asian , African. It seemed to have just happened over night. I have noticed this in other towns close by too but this has been on going for years where as rugeley now seems to be having a fair mix of other nationals. Amazon could be one answer , although that’s closing in march. A lot of Turkish hairdressers and other foreign shops appeared. 

It seems to have happened since Wilko's shut, make of that what you will 

On 08/11/2023 at 06:34, Rugeley Villa said:

Rugeley was prominently and still is a white British  town. I’ve noticed there’s been a significant shift in the amount and of other foreigners that have settled here and it’s very obvious when you walk through the town. Eastern European , Asian , African. It seemed to have just happened over night. I have noticed this in other towns close by too but this has been on going for years where as rugeley now seems to be having a fair mix of other nationals. Amazon could be one answer 

It's because they do 1-day delivery of immigrants.  It's ramped up recently because Prime Day is approaching.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

It's because they do 1-day delivery of immigrants.  It's ramped up recently because Prime Day is approaching.

That's got to mess with Cruella's mind. 

Huge mega corporation who makes vast sums for shareholders but doesn't pay its fair share of tax - Good. 

Delivers immigrants - Bad 

She may combust. 🤞

wow they've arrested the (presumably other player involved in adam johnson's ice hockey death. it did look at the time that he swung a leg out but it happened so quickly that there's a valid defense

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wow they've arrested the (presumably other player involved in adam johnson's ice hockey death. it did look at the time that he swung a leg out but it happened so quickly that there's a valid defense

He was fresh out of receiving a standing ovation at a game last night.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I said at the time that it seemed to me the opposition player was being reckless.

Whether he meant to do that only he knows and very difficult to prove

My first thought watching the clip was that the player could have done more to keep him boot/blade away from the opponents neck. If he was caught on the ground then it’s different, but his foot was about 6 foot off the ice.

A woman’s cat in the local fb group was hit by a car but survived with injuries. She just posted to say that the vets bill is currently £6,100 and rising but her insurance has a max of £4k. Shes panicking because she can’t afford it and wants to setup a gofundme page to try and get people to chip in.

I love my dog, but there’s limits to these things isn’t there? A cat generally wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. Over £6k on  treatment sounds like madness to me, especially when you don’t have the money. 

Edited by Genie

Â