General Chat

Stevo985

Proper WTF moment tonight at a family get together (nephews birthday).

Asking if people are watching the WC final on Sunday, everyone says yes including father in law who isn’t interested in football.

Mother in law, angrily, “absolutely not”.

Why not?

It’s their fault I have to work 6 more years and can’t retire at 60. People like that make me so mad, wanting equal opportunities. If it wasn’t for people like that I’d have retired. I’d have my pension and I wouldn’t have to kill myself at work (she is lunchtime supervisor at a nursery school, 4 days a week for about 16 hours).

Absolute 🤯 moment. So much with that to unpack. I could see my wife and her sister were fuming at such a stupid comment.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it wasn’t for people like that I’d have retired. I’d have my pension and I wouldn’t have to kill myself at work (she is lunchtime supervisor at a nursery school, 4 days a week for about 16 hours).

Made me LOL :D 

Some people have no idea of the real world do they?! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Made me LOL :D 

Some people have no idea of the real world do they?! 

I’m going to bed now and i’ll be thinking about just how many things are wrong with that world view.

14 hours ago, bickster said:

I am in the Bro-in-Laws in Southport, he’s got a new Barbeque in his new house, it’s f***ing space age. It’s got an app and temperature probes. It cost him £1500, he’s been smoking this piece of brisket in it since 2am. I’m sat next to it and I’m getting all the smells all of them, I’m now ready to eat a whole cow

A grand and a half for a barbeque!

I didn’t bump into @Seat68 who is also in Southport but I suspect he’s timed his visit to coincide with the Flower Show and is busy eying up the prize pansies

Southport remains an utter shithole of a town centre but anyway

A grand and a half for a barbeque! Can’t wait until he gets bored of it and offers it to us

IMG_1623.jpeg

No pansies bought. Got here later than expected and all we did was buy that for the grandson. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

No pansies bought. Got here later than expected and all we did was buy that for the grandson. 

I actually went in the shop you were heading to but nothing remarkable for me, was almost tempted by Blancmanges first album for a fiver to replace mine that was missing in action but couldn’t be arsed carting it about up to BBQ and back home semi pissed

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I actually went in the shop you were heading to but nothing remarkable for me, was almost tempted by Blancmanges first album for a fiver to replace mine that was missing in action but couldn’t be arsed carting it about up to BBQ and back home semi pissed

Heading there tomorrow. I have McCartney and Cash to buy. 

• Like 1

Any spider experts on here? When the women in my family say they've seen an enormous spider, I laugh, as they invariably turn out to be teeny. 

This one, though, is quite impressive. I'd love to know what species it is. 

IMG-20230820-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230820-WA0000~2.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Any spider experts on here? When the women in my family say they've seen an enormous spider, I laugh, as they invariably turn out to be teeny. 

IMG-20230820-WA0000.jpg

Google lens gives me Mediterranean recluse spider.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Google lens gives me Mediterranean recluse spider.

If it is one of those, be careful, they have quite the bite. Not going to kill you obviously but can cause quite a bit of reasonably prolonged pain

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

IMG-20230820-WA0000.jpg

Get a flip flop on it ASAP.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2023 at 21:40, Genie said:

It’s their fault I have to work 6 more years and can’t retire at 60. People like that make me so mad, wanting equal opportunities. If it wasn’t for people like that I’d have retired. I’d have my pension and I wouldn’t have to kill myself at work (she is lunchtime supervisor at a nursery school, 4 days a week for about 16 hours).

Absolute 🤯 moment. So much with that to unpack. I could see my wife and her sister were fuming at such a stupid comment.

This may be because I've just woken up but I really can't see the link between women's football and her having to work for longer.

What is her logic?

4 minutes ago, regular_john said:

This may be because I've just woken up but I really can't see the link between women's football and her having to work for longer.

What is her logic?

I think in this instance her logic is that if women were not seen as equals they’d still have their pension kicking in from the age of 60. Selfish females like those wanting to play football have led a wave of equality including having the women’s pension age aligned to that of men. Therefore, if women stayed in their lane and accepted being second class they’d have retained an earlier pension age.

I think that’s it. It’s absolutely bonkers.

Â