General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

And we're told more companies bidding and winning the rights to show football is better for the consumer. Yeah, sure it is.

Nothing is ever better for the consumer. It's only ever better for the service provider and in particular the board of Directors and Investors.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

If the PL introduced a service where you could watch any PL game like the NFL do (I think?) I'd pay for it

i pay for the NFL subscription so i can watch The Saints games 

They impose a blackout on the televised games (luckily i also have sky sports) but potentially you'd still have to "pay" twice for some games  ..or just use a VPN so they don't know you are in a country showing the live broadcast 

38 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

And we're told more companies bidding and winning the rights to show football is better for the consumer. Yeah, sure it is.

Yeah, competition only really works if multiple broadcasters can show the same games, what we've actually got is three monopolies instead of one

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

i pay for the NFL subscription so i can watch The Saints games 

They impose a blackout on the televised games (luckily i also have sky sports) but potentially you'd still have to "pay" twice for some games  ..or just use a VPN so they don't know you are in a country showing the live broadcast 

I find the idea of the black out fascinating

In theory it should mean you have to pitch your ticket prices at a level that means you still sell out in order to get the TV coverage and I'm assuming the money, I'd love to see the PL try and do something similar but again the PL being the PL I can't see it working any other way than making the biggest clubs bigger

Every villa game is on TV but if we don't sell 40k of the 42k tickets then it's taken off, are villa going to charge £60+ for a ticket?

Fans should benefit either way, game on TV or a cheaper ticket

Edited by villa4europe

guess it could have gone in the boring thread , but 

Daughters Macbook  developed a fault , it was 5 days short of being 2 years old 

Contacted Amazon via the App who said send it to our repair centre , and here is  a prepaid postage label 

repair centre contacted me today to say its outside the one year warranty , but Amazon give 2 so if I speak to Amazon Customer Service  they will either refund the cost or replace it with a new one  ...spoke to Amazon customer service via the app and new Macbook is on its way 

Whilst I admire their good customer service  . the repair bill is £400 ... surely its cheaper for Amazon to go down the repair route  , I suspect they'd even get it fixed under warranty from Apple or at least get mates rates on the cost rather than chump rates the end users get ?

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

guess it could have gone in the boring thread , but 

Daughters Macbook  developed a fault , it was 5 days short of being 2 years old 

Contacted Amazon via the App who said send it to our repair centre , and here is  a prepaid postage label 

repair centre contacted me today to say its outside the one year warranty , but Amazon give 2 so if I speak to Amazon Customer Service  they will either refund the cost or replace it with a new one  ...spoke to Amazon customer service via the app and new Macbook is on its way 

Whilst I admire their good customer service  . the repair bill is £400 ... surely its cheaper for Amazon to go down the repair route  , I suspect they'd even get it fixed under warranty from Apple or at least get mates rates on the cost rather than chump rates the end users get ?

Amazon might get it repaired and then resell it via Amazon Warehouse. 

Amazon CS is incredible. I’ve found that I can get refund on pretty much anything even if it’s out of warranty. Just go onto live chat and they say send it back. They issue the refund as soon as it’s handed over to the courier. I’ve had no quibble refunds on several things over a year old.

£100 per month? I pay about £100 per year for a Plex sub with all the best TV and movies, plus I can request what I want; a dedicated sports streaming platform with all the football, other sports, and major events like PPVs; and IPTV with about 20,000 live channels from around the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

£100 per month? I pay about £100 per year for a Plex sub with all the best TV and movies, plus I can request what I want; a dedicated sports streaming platform with all the football, other sports, and major events like PPVs; and IPTV with about 20,000 live channels from around the world.

My mate has the same, £60 a year and perfect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I think a lot of people do thats the point why they cracking down. Plex is like iptv its not legal really but because the law is such a grey area for this at the mo people can get away with it

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think a lot of people do thats the point why they cracking down. Plex is like iptv its not legal really but because the law is such a grey area for this at the mo people can get away with it

They have always cracked down but the ship just moves on to another port. Over the last 20 years we have had (off the top of my head)  cable descrambler, sky card sharing, Russian servers , foreign satellite card sharing, android / firesticks , IPTV , Plex, VPN's They can't stop it until its been around for quite some time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Amazon might get it repaired and then resell it via Amazon Warehouse. 

Amazon CS is incredible. I’ve found that I can get refund on pretty much anything even if it’s out of warranty. Just go onto live chat and they say send it back. They issue the refund as soon as it’s handed over to the courier. I’ve had no quibble refunds on several things over a year old.

It's incredible and absolutely cannot be competed with. They can swallow losses their competitors can't.

No return refunds are nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

They have always cracked down but the ship just moves on to another port. Over the last 20 years we have had (off the top of my head)  cable descrambler, sky card sharing, Russian servers , foreign satellite card sharing, android / firesticks , IPTV , Plex, VPN's They can't stop it until its been around for quite some time.

Depends if they start making it law that your if your caught using these olatforms you will get a massive fine or prison sentence than i think it would significantly die down. But goung ti take years fir them to do it.

Problem is is its so big now compared to years ago. Its goung ti be very hard to stop. I remember abiut 3-4 years ago all iptvs went down and wveeyone thought that was it. But they manged to find a way around so i expect that would be the case again if was to happen again

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Depends if they start making it law that your if your caught using these olatforms you will get a massive fine or prison sentence than i think it would significantly die down. But goung ti take years fir them to do it.

Problem is is its so big now compared to years ago. Its goung ti be very hard to stop. I remember abiut 3-4 years ago all iptvs went down and wveeyone thought that was it. But they manged to find a way around so i expect that would be the case again if was to happen again

I remember video piracy , VHS cassettes hired out on a weekend basis, ET on pirate cassettes , dreadful picture quality.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its more than that. But this comes to companies like sky and virgin charging stupid prices  to watch football. I mean its ridiculous.  If they charged the same prices that these streaming services do everyone  would be on sky and wouldnt use the streaming services  as they buffer and are not as clear.

If it wasnt for greed these platforms wouldnt exist.

Good to see the police are using their resources on this instead of capturing home burglaries and car thefts whoch they practically useless and dont give a shit

I think you're missing the point that the illegal streaming serves can do it so cheap because they're not paying for any content. They're stealing it for nothing, so they have no cost base. 

If Sky and Virgin charged the same price you'd have to watch a school play or something as prime time viewing and The Dog and Partridge v The Rose and Crown as the game of the day. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think you're missing the point that the illegal streaming serves can do it so cheap because they're not paying for any content. They're stealing it for nothing, so they have no cost base. 

If Sky and Virgin charged the same price you'd have to watch a school play or something as prime time viewing and The Dog and Partridge v The Rose and Crown as the game of the day. 

My point wasnt that they are stealing it for nothing, my point was regarding people using the platforms.  If sky and virgin were more affordable options people wouldnt need to use these services. I was reading like optus in Australia do a oackage deal for their channel at like $7.99 and they get some PL games. If we had a legal platform just for PL games like this IPTV would die out just like piracy dvds did.

People will always opt for a game with no interruptions as opposed to a shit stream that tends to buffer

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

You say that like its a downgrade. That's an upgrade

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My point wasnt that they are stealing it for nothing, my point was regarding people using the platforms.  If sky and virgin were more affordable options people wouldnt need to use these services. I was reading like optus in Australia do a oackage deal for their channel at like $7.99 and they get some PL games. If we had a legal platform just for PL games like this IPTV would die out just like piracy dvds did.

People will always opt for a game with no interruptions as opposed to a shit stream that tends to buffer

They'll have done the calculations and decided that x million paying £40 a month and y million watching it illegally earns them more than x+y million paying £10 a month

I don't feel too bad, because even if I did pay for all of these services, I'd still need to also watch illegal streams because they broadcast last than half of our games.

We've seen over and over again that while cost is a factor, piracy is also a service issue. Piracy dropped off a cliff in the early days of Netflix, Spotify, and Steam, and it's no coincidence IMO that people seem (anecdotally, I've not got the stats) to be pirating TV more and more in the last few years as the Netflix dominance has died out and every other studio has created their own walled garden and locked their content behind it. Make your shit easily accessible at a fair price, and people will pay.

• Like 2

Â