General Chat

Stevo985

Well i am getting married on June 11th and i went to hear our banns been read today at the parish church! We took out 3 year old.... i ended up bringing him home he was a nightmare, the house is only 5 minutes away but it was the longest walk of my life. He screamed and screamed, he dropped the nut on me and now i look like thisacaad291179d2a4749dc88cfbbc816f5.jpg

I watched Pointless Celebrities the other day and there's been a bit of a hoo-ha about the answer Keith Chegwin and Iain Lee gave to this visual clue about who on the Brit Award for best video in 1997.  They went for Cornershop lol.  Even the answer, Spice Girls is a bit un-pc tv1_2833515a.jpg

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched Pointless Celebrities the other day and there's been a bit of a hoo-ha about the answer Keith Chegwin and Iain Lee gave to this visual clue about who on the Brit Award for best video in 1997.  They went for Cornershop lol.  Even the answer, Spice Girls is a bit un-pc tv1_2833515a.jpg

Should be a thing that pisses me off, it's girls with spices, no problem for me. 

Few weeks ago I posted about getting rid of a paint scratch on my car with toothpaste.  

Today's toothpaste related discovery is that it can be used to fill darts holes in a wall.  

I am most definitely going to turn into the equivalent of the parents from my big fat Greek wedding,  but using toothpaste to solve everything rather than window cleaner! 

9 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Few weeks ago I posted about getting rid of a paint scratch on my car with toothpaste.  

Today's toothpaste related discovery is that it can be used to fill darts holes in a wall.  

I am most definitely going to turn into the equivalent of the parents from my big fat Greek wedding,  but using toothpaste to solve everything rather than window cleaner! 

Surely easier to just not throw the darts into the wall in the first place #allthegearnoidea 

1 minute ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Surely easier to just not throw the darts into the wall in the first place #allthegearnoidea 

The blame goes to my brother in fairness. He was throwing them while I was painting one of the bedrooms claret and blue.  

I don't know which one is more shameful! 

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've got a cheap wall clock but the second hand keeps getting stuck around the 9 o'clock mark. It stays there for a bit then continues. Any idea on how to fix that?

turn the clock through 90 degrees

(or change the batteries to something with more oomph)

In March I bought a TV online for half price in a sale.

After the estimated delivery period had passed and we hadn't received it, I phoned them up and they said it was out of stock until May.

I said, "But it's in store for collection now for the full price, can I not go and pick it up in store?"

They said I could and they said they'd reserved it in store for me. However,when I got to the store they said I shouldn't have been told that, but after about an hour of them phoning around their different departments, they let me walk out with the TV. I had to sign to say I'd received it and they told me they'd cancel the other delivery.

I've just got an email saying the TV will be delivered to me on 12th May.

Moral dilemma, do I stay quiet?

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

In March I bought a TV online for half price in a sale.

After the estimated delivery period had passed and we hadn't received it, I phoned them up and they said it was out of stock until May.

I said, "But it's in store for collection now for the full price, can I not go and pick it up in store?"

They said I could and they said they'd reserved it in store for me. However,when I got to the store they said I shouldn't have been told that, but after about an hour of them phoning around their different departments, they let me walk out with the TV. I had to sign to say I'd received it and they told me they'd cancel the other delivery.

I've just got an email saying the TV will be delivered to me on 12th May.

Moral dilemma, do I stay quiet?

what email guv, must have gone in me spam folder

Â