General Chat

Stevo985

I'm sure there will have been someone who tried to use a broken arm like that - draft dodging seems to be quite a phenom amongst Korea's creative classes. Can't remember who, but there was a guy not long ago absconded from his post to spend the weekend shagging his grilfriend in Seoul. 

I'm sure there will have been someone who tried to use a broken arm like that - draft dodging seems to be quite a phenom amongst Korea's creative classes. Can't remember who, but there was a guy not long ago absconded from his post to spend the weekend shagging his grilfriend in Seoul. 

Understandable, if she was hot.

It's doesn't sound all too rosy in the Korean military.

So Adobe have a page on their website about the 'correct' way to use the word Photoshop . . . and it's a classic of corporate nonsense:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

Trademarks are not verbs.
Correct: The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.

Trademarks are not nouns.
Correct: The image pokes fun at the Senator
Incorrect: The photoshop pokes fun at the Senator.

Always capitalize and use trademarks in their correct form.
Correct:The image was enhanced with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements software.
Incorrect: The image was photoshopped.
Incorrect: The image was Photoshopped.
Incorrect: The image was Adobe® Photoshopped. 

Trademarks must never be used as slang terms.
Correct:Those who use Adobe® Photoshop® software to manipulate images as a hobby see their work as an art form.
Incorrect: A photoshopper sees his hobby as an art form.
Incorrect: My hobby is photoshopping.

Trademarks must never be used in possessive form.
Correct: The new features in Adobe® Photoshop® software are impressive.
Incorrect: Photoshop’s new features are impressive.

Trademarks are proper adjectives and should be followed by the generic terms they describe.
Correct: The image was manipulated using Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: The image was manipulated using Photoshop.

Trademarks must never be abbreviated.
Correct: Take a look at the new features in Adobe® Photoshop® software.
Incorrect: Take a look at the new features in PS.

I shit you not. Somebody actually really thought - you know what, that's a great idea for a page on our site. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

emoji2.png

Surprised no-one beat me to it!

Right, there are now four of us baiting the Housewives of America in that thread. Engage full Scuba Steve Mode! 

51 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Another gun rampage in America, at least 4 dead one of them just 8 years old

bloody hell. An eight year old and his father dead, a 14 year old girl dead, a 9 year old girl critical. 

Unbelievable that someone can point a gun a kids like that. 

A 14-year-old girl is among seven people shot dead in a series of apparently random attacks in Michigan.

Police were first called at around 7.50pm local time to an apartment building in Kalamazoo County where a woman had been shot many times. She was later described as being in a serious condition in hospital.

Kalamazoo
Hours later officers were called to a Seelye Kia dealership, where two people had been shot dead and a third person shot and injured.

Later, four people were killed in a Cracker Barrel restaurant car park where the shooter reportedly opened fire on people sitting in their cars. A fifth person there was injured.

Kalamazoo Undersheriff Paul Matyas
Play video "Shooting Suspect In Custody"

Video: Shooting Suspect In Custody
Local media reported that an eight-year-old boy was also among the dead and that a father and son had been shot dead at the car dealership.

A nine-year-old girl was described as being in critical condition in hospital after being shot.

Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas said: "We seem to be dealing with a worst-case scenario: someone driving around, finding people and shooting them dead in their tracks."

He said that the shootings seemed to be "random" and the work of the same gunman, adding: "I would say definitely it's a serial killer."

At around 1.50am local time, police said they had arrested a suspect, who was being questioned in custody.

Mr Matyas said the man, described as a 45-year-old white man who lives locally, did not resist arrest and that weapons were found in his vehicle.

He added: "The threat to the public is over. We now have our suspect."

'The Promise' and 'Call The Shots' are the best Girls Aloud songs. Nicola Roberts solo album was pretty underated too. But I'd say the Japanese group Perfume, who have a similar sound are better, musically and choreographically. On the Korean side of things I need to give Girls' Generation a closer listen, I love 'Party' but wasn't so keen on 'Lion Heart'. Find All Saints bland, would rather listen to The Spice Girls. 

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Â