General Chat

Stevo985

It does sound like you would be walking a tightrope if you started drinking again. Personally I never drink in the week just on the weekends and I'm happy with that but if you feel it could lead down a bad path it's probably best not to start at all.

Easier said than done I know, but moderation is key. People with an addictive personality will struggle with this. 

It's all about managing your addictions, either by giving up completely or developing a sense of control and moderation over your addiction.

For instance I had/have a bit of a gambling problem, and after some really stupid decisions on my part, I ended up losing a bit much, and it was basically a wake up call.. Now I probably should have stopped betting, but I enjoy it, so I decided I just needed more control, moderation and rules about my betting, instead of just compulsively betting e.g. make sure everything is paid for, rent, food etc.. And then if I have enough after all that is paid for, then have a bet, knowing that everything is paid for. 

I know alcoholism is much more complicated, but the rule still applies, if you can train yourself to have moderation, then you can still enjoy alcohol, betting, certain drugs etc...

But like I said it's a lot easier said than done teach yourself moderation and control, especially when everyone has different personality traits.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

Moderation isn't often talked about, but yes, it really can work it doesn't have to be on / off.

So much depends on your social life. If you have friends who do lots of stuff other than drinking (e.g. sport, music, etc.), you're OK. But if their life revolves around booze, it's difficult not to join in.

Conversely, not enough social life can leave you bored and at risk of 'comfort drinking'.

Worse for single men, I'd say.

that's pretty much it

For me, I found a girl that was a bit different to all that, changed my social group and got away from it. I certainly haven't passed out drunk anytime in the last 25 years. For others, well, they now look a good 10 or 15 years older than I do. If that's any sort of measure.

that's pretty much it

For me, I found a girl that was a bit different to all that, changed my social group and got away from it. I certainly haven't passed out drunk anytime in the last 25 years. For others, well, they now look a good 10 or 15 years older than I do. If that's any sort of measure.

i'm almost 50 but look in my 30's.been getting pissed since i was 16.still pull 20's and sometimes younger(rattle rattle jewellery jewellery as you say).just enjoy yourself,legally obviously.

Went out with my old group of friends the other week

I turned up at the pub and they were all sat down in the corner ...all they really needed was some dominos to complete the picture ... Around 10 we went for a curry and I was home by 12:00

When I go out with my old school friends we go see a band go back to someone's house and I get home somewhere around 6am

I like seeing the first lot we've been mates for 30 years but beer and a curry and bed by 12:00 is a weds night activity not a sat night

Even one of my travel buddies spent our last trip falling asleep in every bar we went to , he's suddenly got old ... Thank god my other travel buddy hasn't got old yet even if he does annoyingly take videos of me falling of my bar stool and puking on a national monument in Kiev ( embarrassed smiley )

Need to get myself some new threads this payday. What are your favourite websites?

I want to look fly without being too attention grabbing.

Not ASOS.

Some stuff I think you'd like here.

You know, I knew what it was before I clicked it.  I clicked it anyway just in case.

You dick! :D

• Like 1

Need to get myself some new threads this payday. What are your favourite websites?

I want to look fly without being too attention grabbing.

Not ASOS.

Some stuff I think you'd like here.

You know, I knew what it was before I clicked it.  I clicked it anyway just in case.

You dick! :D

:trollface:

Just had an impromptu night out, if been out about 4 hours in the piss, get a tap on the shoulder, brother in law, on the brink of splitting up they've just been on a make or break holiday, he was giving it the big un, talking to me, I drop the words "how about next time your kid has a birthday party you bother to turn up" he's got 2 kids, 5 and 7, birthday party very year, he ain't been to one

Ends up windmilling in the street, fortunately I'm more sober than he is and block every punch and tell him I'm not fighting him, I worry for my sister in law, I worry for then kids, I'm too old for this bollocks about phoning harder mates and I've got intention of fighting him

We'd started on the wrong foot when I mentioned football, he does nothing with them kids, said I'd take them them to Sunday league football and he said **** off you're trying to make them villa fans, over my dead body

:(

Just had an impromptu night out, if been out about 4 hours in the piss, get a tap on the shoulder, brother in law, on the brink of splitting up they've just been on a make or break holiday, he was giving it the big un, talking to me, I drop the words "how about next time your kid has a birthday party you bother to turn up" he's got 2 kids, 5 and 7, birthday party very year, he ain't been to one

Ends up windmilling in the street, fortunately I'm more sober than he is and block every punch and tell him I'm not fighting him, I worry for my sister in law, I worry for then kids, I'm too old for this bollocks about phoning harder mates and I've got intention of fighting him

We'd started on the wrong foot when I mentioned football, he does nothing with them kids, said I'd take them them to Sunday league football and he said **** off you're trying to make them villa fans, over my dead body

:(

Sounds like he doesn't deserve his OH or the children.

Thanks for the help guyz...

Not sure what your style is. If I buy online, I tend to do searches on brands I like, or the particular item I'm looking for. I've used both these sites before now, for designer stuff, and more casual / skater type stuff (I don't skate). 

Mainline

Route One

Edited by dAVe80

Â