Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a moment when Cahill scores where Dawson puts his arm up, turns to the linesman and appeals for offside, for a split second before realising he's on the line facing Cahill....:D

Had to laugh at Dawson elbowing Fellani from behind, reckon he deserves MOTM for that alone. When Crouch elbowed Fellani he looked shocked, he then realized it was his 'special skill' and gave Crouch one back.

Bassong has been postionally poor all season. For example, after the Bolton game, the press and our fans made out that Kevin Davies was a real handful for us and many blamed Huddlestone, who was playing at CB. But Huddlestone played Davies off side virtually everytime he got near the goal, only Bassong constantly always failed to step up. BAE is another who is often caught out, but raely gets criciticsed. He's imporved and Harry praised him, so he's held in good standing amongst our fans, but I'd be very shocked if he and Bassong weren't by far the biggest culprits when it comes to making mistakes which lead to us conceding. Yesterday it got highlighted on Sky for the first time, but it really is far from the first time BAE has made poor decisions this season. I'm not convinced by Corluka either. I think he's decent but nothing special.

There's a moment when Cahill scores where Dawson puts his arm up, turns to the linesman and appeals for offside, for a split second before realising he's on the line facing Cahill....:D

:lol: Made me laugh that.

Thought he was really good yesterday, Dawson that is.

Bale has the most ugly and weirdest face I've ever seen. His jaw is **** up big time.

Joey; do you think 'Arry and Spurs fans will just have to accept now Dawson and Bassong will be your 1st choice of centre-halves because King and Woodgate are constantly injured and it's harder for them to get back into the team because 'Arry doesn't want to keep chopping and changing things?

Regarding your full-backs (like many others) I've never been convinced with either Assou-Ekotto or Corluka. You've got two very different full-backs and that's why I don't think they're keeping the solid consistncy they should be doing because they don't work in tandem. Corluka is slow, clumsy and defensive-minded whilst you've got Assou-Ekotto who is attacking-minded but makes more mistakes in defence than in attack. Personally if you want your full-backs to work you should just play Hutton with Assou-Ekotto - but then again, Hutton hasn't really impressed me too much when I've seen him play.

Yesterday, for example, Hibbert got praised for his defending of Defoe in the box.

Really? I thought Hibbert had the worst game I've seen from him yesterday, was really poor.

Bale has the most ugly and weirdest face I've ever seen. His jaw is **** up big time.

Joey; do you think 'Arry and Spurs fans will just have to accept now Dawson and Bassong will be your 1st choice of centre-halves because King and Woodgate are constantly injured and it's harder for them to get back into the team because 'Arry doesn't want to keep chopping and changing things?

Regarding your full-backs (like many others) I've never been convinced with either Assou-Ekotto or Corluka. You've got two very different full-backs and that's why I don't think they're keeping the solid consistncy they should be doing because they don't work in tandem. Corluka is slow, clumsy and defensive-minded whilst you've got Assou-Ekotto who is attacking-minded but makes more mistakes in defence than in attack. Personally if you want your full-backs to work you should just play Hutton with Assou-Ekotto - but then again, Hutton hasn't really impressed me too much when I've seen him play.

Harry's always accepted Dawson, Jol loved him and Ramos gave him a new 5 year deal. It's only the fans that have had a problem with him and that only started when he was playing with Kaboul, Chimbonda and Robinson. I'm not convinced we will stick with Bassong and Dawson. To be fair Woody had played most games for 2 seasons until this latest injury. But even so, I think we might well look for a new CB in the summer. There was talk of Cahill and also Upson. But Upson is getting on a bit and his form has been poor apparently this season.

But despite all our injury problems at CB, I don't actually think that is the main area we need to strengthen. If you look at where we've dropped points this season when we shouldn't have, it's been because the strikers have missed some pretty straight forward chances. There is always talk of us strengthening at CB or CM, but I think most of our defensive problems have come from the fullbacks and the reason we've lost or drawn games we shouldn't have is because we didn't put away our chances. Defoe might have scored one yesterday, but Huddlestone, Palcios and krancjar will all have felt they should have had a couple assists each from him. Lennon got an assit, but he put in some fantastic crosses that weren't capilised on. Even against Wigan, we missed some real golden opportunites. If we had someone like RVN, then I'm sure we'd have another 7 points. Crouch, Pav and Keane aren't good enough. We need a real clinical finisher who is strong in the box. I'm not sure a more settled CB pairing would have made much difference. I know it sounds strange for a team that concede goals, but also score plenty, but I'm sure if our games we really analysed most would reach the same conclusion, that we need a top class striker more than a top class CB.

Hey Joey;

Regarding your strikers I think the sitaution will get worse if you keep needing to bring someone else in because you'll have another similar situation when Defoe left a couple of seasons ago. It's quite bizarre though because Crouch has been starting for the last 3 PL for Spurs if I'm correct which has meant your team captain has been on the bench even though things were working quite nicely when Keane was playing with Defoe. You've got a good bunch of strikers to choose from and I still think 'Arry is trying to work out which partnership he wants but if I'm being honest, from what I've seen so far Crouch looks more effective playing with Defoe rather than Keane (even if Crouch isn't getting the goals) which is unfortunate for Robbie Keane because if the captain of your team is sitting on the bench each week it's more likely it'll turn into another Defoe 'scenerio' which I don't think Spurs fans want to happen.

P.S. Big question... Modric or Kranjcar? You can't deny how good Kranjcar has been and has slotted in nicely into the Spurs team but I personally prefer Modric and I think he's better. It's another dilemma 'Arry will have on his mind.

Kranjcar has been great, but Modric is in a different league. Modric is up there with Gazza and Hoddle as the best midfielders I've seen at Spurs. He's our best player by a mile. The only way i can see them both playing together is if we play Modric behind Defoe and keep Kranjcar of the left. But I'm not sure Defoe can play as a lone stiker. Again if we had a RVN type, that would work. Basically i want us to sign RVN in Jan. I know he's 33, but when he played for Real a few weeks back, he looked sharp despite being out for so long. It's unlikely, but I'd love it to happen.

How can you be a Spurs fan, you havent contributed to my wall of fame (as below) :)

Please can you say something incredibly dillusional about Spurs, or the quality of their players to prove you're a Spurs fan. Thanks :)

Ask and ye shall receive

Modric is up there with Gazza and Hoddle as the best midfielders I've seen at Spurs.

i agree, modric is head and shoulders above our CM, just took him a while to settle, i actually think he'd fill in for xavi or iniesta a treat if one of them was injured, he's same build but not as good, small quick feet very calm on the ball always seems to have that extra second

IMHO he's got this and then next season left at spurs and then a real big fish will come in for him

Â