Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

You can draw a lot of comparisons on Spuds season to date and ours of last season. Wasn't it about this time last year against us when Everton got a late equaliser at Goodison, only for AY to go up and score at the other end and take all 3 points? Shame Defoe doesn't have the same ability from 12 yards.

And, since that famous, amazing, awesome, greatest-ever-display-of-football-by-any-side-ever-in-the-history-of-sport 9-1 win V's Wigan how many points have Spuds picked up? Throw a cup result into that too. Useless words removed.

Top 4 with their defence? Pull the other one.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I'm in the elitest forumz on teh interwebz. Very easy to get in so no-one shouldn't have a problem. I've already seen one post say "Lennon is now one of the best crossers in the league now and he's close to becoming world class". Oh dear.

If they store your IP address then they must register, as per the data protection laws. Ask them if they comply and who is in charge of the data, their 'Data manager'. This 'coys' site has no contact details registered with whois, its all cloak and dagger, setup more like a scam site than a football forum. Probably owned by an Arsenal fan......

I'm a Spurs fan and I got banned from COYS. It's a strange site. The mods send people infractions for the slightest of things. I was suspended for saying COYS was far more anti Martin Jol than other forums. They asked me to apologise as there was no basis to make these accussations. I showed them links to polls both of which stated that the majority of voters would rather SPurs lose, so it would mean Jol was fired, than we win. Next time a tired to log on I got a message saying I had been banned. I also got suspended before that for pointing out that an ITK had contradicted himself. One day he said Martin Jol had no say in transfers, yet a few days earlier he posted saying Jol was insisting that we sell sell Berbatov and buy Crouch. More obvious anti Martin Jol bullshit, but instead of asking the ITK to explain himself i got suspended.

Chris, I'm pretty sure

I showed them links to polls both of which stated that the majority of voters would rather SPurs lose, so it would mean Jol was fired, than we win.
could qualify?

That's a pathetic attitude in my opinion. (I realise Joey's opinion likely contradicted that poll)

How can you be a Spurs fan, you havent contributed to my wall of fame (as below) :)

Please can you say something incredibly dillusional about Spurs,

Spurs will finish below Villa this season.

OK, something that over-rates your players, such as putting Crouch up there with the likes of Pele or something. Maybe Puskas or Eusabio, if Pele is a bit much?

Even suggest he was better than the late John Charles, that could do.

Telling us we'll finish above you is hardly 'breaking' news. Not with your back line!!!

How can you be a Spurs fan, you havent contributed to my wall of fame (as below) :)

OK, something that over-rates your players, such as putting Crouch up there with the likes of Pele or something. Maybe Puskas or Eusabio, if Pele is a bit much?

Telling us we'll finish above you is hardly 'breaking' news. Not with your back line!!!

Okay, I'll try again. Hopefully this will be sufficiently dillusional.

Despite the fact Spurs score far more goals than Villa, to the extent it cancels out your defensive record and gives us a better goal difference than you, I think we'll finish below you in the table.

Despite the fact Spurs score far more goals than Villa, to the extent it cancels out your defensive record and gives us a better goal difference than you, I think we'll finish below you in the table.

Fail. But, I will just make one up for you, nobody will know the difference :)

The fact that over half of your goal difference came from one game speaks for itself.

The fact that over half of your goal difference came from one game speaks for itself.

Indeed, if you'd done the same against Wigan you'd be ahead of us in the table now.

Joey what is Michael Dawson on this season? He has been immense.

He was the same last season, but then he got injured. Up until his injury he arguably our player of the season. He was also a regular in the defence that gave us our best ever defensive record in the Prem during 2005/6. The reason Dawson gets criticised is because he's a bit like Richard Dunne, in that he is full blooded and never shirks resposibility. The more resonsibility a CB assumes the more he put himself in the firing line and thus the more likley he is to make a mistake. He has such a tough job because of the high line we play.

Yesterday he cut out the danger high up the pitch so may times. He did the same against you. This is such a crucial role as if a defender gets this wrong, the opposition are in behind and there is little we can do about it other than hope the keeper saves. Yet it barely gets mentioned. Because he cuts out the danger early our fans often fail to realise just how dangferous a situation is. If a defender makes a last ditch tackle or block in the penalty area they get praised, yet if they intercept high up the pitch, it rarely gets noticed, despite it being a much harder thing to do. Yesterday, for example, Hibbert got praised for his defending of Defoe in the box. Yet Dawson made 8 interceptions and tackles 10 yards outside the box, stopping Everton getting into the danger area. If you stop problems before the commentators have time to get excited, then you don't get much praise.

Â