Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Kyle Naughton? He looked a very good prospect at Sheffield United.

On the grave yard that is the bench at white hart lane.

Not even on the bench most of the time. It looks like we'll be selling Hutton in the January window, if possible, so Naughton will be able to make the big step up to bench warmer.

He looked good for us in pre season too, and covers a number of positions, but still never plays for us so I have no idea why he's here when we could've just left him at Sheffield United with Walker.

To be honest, I think the only reason we bought them both was because Everton wanted them and they have good potential sell on value. Same with Chris Gunter.

To be honest, I think the only reason we bought them both was because Everton wanted them and they have good potential sell on value. Same with Chris Gunter.

I don't think playing in the reserves or sitting on the bench at any team increases a players value. We have players who are in a similar situation, IMO it does them more harm than good, unless they are on the fringes of the first team (get occasional games)

Ferdinand for Hutton is rumoured to be on the cards isn't it?

I think that's just made up paper talk, in all honesty. We get linked with half a dozen player swap deals each window and none of them have ever happened. Another rumour at the moment is Pavlyuchenko for Babel which, again, I think is just some journalist trying to reach his weekly quota of "news" stories.

Although, unfortunately, it wouldn't actually be all too farfetched to think it could actually happen. It fits in with Harry's recent transfer policy of buying players with Premier League experience and there have been rumblings for a while that Hutton is going to be off.

I don't think playing in the reserves or sitting on the bench at any team increases a players value. We have players who are in a similar situation, IMO it does them more harm than good, unless they are on the fringes of the first team (get occasional games)

I agree. We have quite a few young players that are supposed to have great potential to make the step up into the first team (Bostock, Parrett, Rose etc) yet they're never given a chance, although the players I just mentioned are still very young. But we've done it with so many young players over the years. I can only think of King, Dawson, Huddlestone and Lennon who have been youth success stories, but even Lennon was quite well known at the time, having been the youngest Premier league

player in history at one point.

The rest of the players just waste away in the reserves before being released or sold on, a lot of whom never get a sniff of first team action. However, Harry as recently been a bit more pro active with a lot of our young talents by sending a significant amount of them on loan to gain first team experience in competitive matches. So, who knows, we may see some of these young players dislodge some of the current first team.

So can we expect you to make a similar half a million loss on him as you did with Gunter?

So can we expect you to make a similar half a million loss on him as you did with Gunter?

Possibly. It's too early to tell yet, but if he plays as few games as Gunter did (about five, I believe) then it would make sense that his value would depreciate.

Though, Naughton seemed to be much more highly rated than Gunter, so I don't necessarily see that happening again. Couldn't guess either way about Walker, though.

As for Sol Campbell. I don't believe Levy is self destructive enough to ever sanction his return. The most hated player in Spurs history back at Spurs, it's just suicide. I wouldn't think RSol would even want to come back to a club that has hurled years of abuse at him anyway.

Don't worru chaps,

January is almost upon us and Rentaquote will be bigging up his interest and tapping players up enough to get the thread title back on line

Well according to Levy there is no money to spend in Jan unless they sell but they aren't willing to let key players leave.

So unless Spurs can find another club like Sunderland or Pompy to pay over the odds for their cast offs I'd say it will be a quiet month for old melted face. Expect lots of talk about the players he would have signed and who would have wanted to join him if he had the money.

Well they will probably be raising at least money:

link

'Mickey taker' David Bentley to be sold by 'furious' Spurs boss Harry Redknapp next month

Last updated at 10:46 AM on 11th December 2009

David Bentley's days at Tottenham appear to be numbered after a training ground bust-up with manager Harry Redknapp.

Ex-Arsenal and Blackburn midfielder Bentley is reported to have taken a behind-closed-doors friendly less-than-seriously this week and incurred Redknapp's wrath.

A Spur insider told the Daily Express the 25-year-old was 'taking the mickey' throughout the 5-2 defeat of Grays Athletic, and 'just back-heeling and toe-punting the ball.'

The report added that a 'verbal ruck' followed which ended with Redknapp vowing to 'get rid' of Bentley next month.

If true, it's a blow for Bentley who has recently managed to force his way into the first team after being convcited of drink-driving this year and admitting the whole experience had been a "wake-up call."

Redknapp is known for taking a hard line against pranksters. A well-known video exists of the then-Portsmouth boss being struck by a ball while filming a pre-match interview in 2002.

An agitated Redknapp rounds on the culprit, demanding an explanation, and spells out with a choice Anglo-Saxon oath that that's the reason the player is in the reserves.

The player's identity was later revealed by prime suspect Shaun Cooper to be Terry Parker, who went on to make no Pompey first-team appearances and who drifted into non-League football soon afterwards.

Â