Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

My problem with Given was mainly over the length of the contract. I've no problem with the keeper per se. I do think he's slightly over-rated alright. He is very good, but people say he's world class. He isn't and I don't think he ever was. I don't mind him being Villa's keeper at all, but we've tied ourselves to a mortgage on a derelict building on that one.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Durham now saying Spurs will finish closer to the relegaton zone then the top position.

What a tool. I do think Spurs will do worse then they would of done if they had kept Redknapp, but that is just ridiculous.

Adrian Durham now saying Spurs will finish closer to the relegaton zone then the top position.

Talksport trying to motivate listeners to ring in.

What a tool. I do think Spurs will do worse then they would of done if they had kept Redknapp, but that is just ridiculous.

If they sell Modric and Sigurdsson flops, why not.

Happened to Plop last season didn't it? The PL is so unpredictable these days, only certainty imo is that City will be in the top 4, the rest is up for grabs.

Just to clarify something, from the way Adrian Durham said it he meant as in position rather then points totals. So bottom half basically.

But as has been pointed out he likes to chat **** to get a reaction and get people to call in. And it works.

IMO, i think Villas-Boas will be a great fit with Spurs and do a good job, I don't think his time at Chelsea is anyway to judge his managerial ability.

The likewise, why is his time at Porto?

I think it's a very brave decision by Levy. But I think he's trying to change the structure of the club, so the man at the top (on the football side) has less influence. I think maybe Harry was becoming too integral to our success and that isn't healthy, as if a manager like that leaves, you are can be in big trouble. I think Levy wants to club to structurely set up for success and not dependant on a key individual. AVB is literally just Head Coach and it seems he'll have far less responsibilty and influence than Harry.

IMO, i think Villas-Boas will be a great fit with Spurs and do a good job, I don't think his time at Chelsea is anyway to judge his managerial ability.

I think it's a very brave decision by Levy. But I think he's trying to change the structure of the club, so the man at the top (on the football side) has less influence. I think maybe Harry was becoming too integral to our success and that isn't healthy, as if a manager like that leaves, you are can be in big trouble. I think Levy wants to club to structurely set up for success and not dependant on a key individual. AVB is literally just Head Coach and it seems he'll have far less responsibilty and influence than Harry.

Great, its never worked in English football before, no matter how many times its been tried (by Spurs themselves at least twice), so why does Levy think it'll work this time?

Heard Spurs are supposedly close to announcing new Arab investors who're paying for the stadium. This true or is my spurs chum on a wind up?

"Paying for the stadium" will likely be an exaggeration. I'd say it's more likely to involve the sale of stadium naming rights ... for something that may be not far short of 200m.

When combined with the 90m already spent (on buying the land and the design/planning permission process), plus the money coming in from the deal with Sainsburys (mega supermarket complex), plus the 27m from the Mayor of London/government fund, plus a bank loan, the total will hopefully allow Levy to announce that we have all the cash needed to begin construction.

And hopefully the size of the bank loan required won't be so big as to drain resources away from continued squad investment over the next few years ... but we shall see.

Great, its never worked in English football before, no matter how many times its been tried (by Spurs themselves at least twice), so why does Levy think it'll work this time?

He's not going for a D of F system either though. But that did work for us with Arnsesen/Jol. I think it just comes down to communication and experience. Levy has been in football for a long time now, so he'll know better who to listen to and who not to. I think ulitmately the DofF system isn't even that succesful aborad, as in most clubs it simply isn't necessary.

If you look at Spurs as a business, it simply isn't very big. There is no need to have a buffer between then coaching/scouting/academy staff and the Chairman. I think Levy has come to the conclusion that the guy who runs the academy can answer to him, the guy who runs the scouting can answer to him and the Head coach can aswell. Why bother with a D of F? We aren't a massive institution like Barca or Man utd etc. Ultimately we are a small/medium sized business. As long as Levy feels everyone is pulling in the same direction, then neither a manager or D of F are needed. Time will tell if he's right and it's a brave decision.

So Spurs sack Harry Redknapp (who finished in the Top 4) and replace him with Andre Villas-Boas (who caused Chelsea to finish outside the Top 4 for the first time in years.

Great logic there Daniel Levy.

So Spurs sack Harry Redknapp (who finished in the Top 4) and replace him with Andre Villas-Boas (who caused Chelsea to finish outside the Top 4 for the first time in years.

Football isn't black and white like that though, is it?

Who realised that the old guard at Chelsea needed replacing and was planning for the clubs long-term future. Did he make mistakes? Yes, placing Anelka and Alex in the reserves and ousting Lampard and Drogba immediately.

However, this time last year he was one of the most sought after manager in the world.

He will do a good job at Spurs. His meticulous planning skills are amazing. He tunes every fine little detail in match preperation, tactics against different opponents.

He's young and lets be honest the Chelsea team never respected some 33 year old man coming in dictating the club, especially when he never played football. Terry was screaming at Chelsea players behind Di Matteo during a match giving instructions. Its obvious who runs that dressing room and it isn't the manager. Not AVBs fault.

AVB really has divided opinion. He is a real marmite man. The general feeling on this board is that he is a good manager, and it is the Chelsea players fault that he got sacked. Whereas elsewhere the general opinion is that he is arrogant, and has very bad interpersonal man management skills. And these factors are why he flopped at Chelsea, and as soon as he left they started winning games and trophies. In 10 months time we will know the truth.

Did he make mistakes? Yes, placing Anelka and Alex in the reserves and ousting Lampard and Drogba immediately.

Lampard started twenty league matches prior to Villas-Boas being fired, only Cech, Cole and Mata started more.

Not sure how that is 'ousting (him) immediately'.

Heard Spurs are supposedly close to announcing new Arab investors who're paying for the stadium. This true or is my spurs chum on a wind up?

"Paying for the stadium" will likely be an exaggeration. I'd say it's more likely to involve the sale of stadium naming rights ... for something that may be not far short of 200m.

When combined with the 90m already spent (on buying the land and the design/planning permission process), plus the money coming in from the deal with Sainsburys (mega supermarket complex), plus the 27m from the Mayor of London/government fund, plus a bank loan, the total will hopefully allow Levy to announce that we have all the cash needed to begin construction.

And hopefully the size of the bank loan required won't be so big as to drain resources away from continued squad investment over the next few years ... but we shall see.

You going to stay at WHL while it's redeveloped or going to play at Wembley for a season or what?

Â