Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they've made some great signings: Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Dempsey, Dembele, Lloris and probably Moutinho in Jan. Don't know much about Vertonghen. Modric had to go but not sure why he let VDV leave

I think they've made some great signings: Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Dempsey, Dembele, Lloris and probably Moutinho in Jan. Don't know much about Vertonghen. Modric had to go but not sure why he let VDV leave

VDV left because he wanted to go "home" where his wife does a lot of TV work. Im guessing as soon as VDV became aware of Hamburg interest to have him back then he secretly asked for the transfer. I wouldn't be surprised if VDV#s representatives contacted Hamburg first.

They were awful yesterday and very lucky to get a draw. Im sure they'll pick up but they'll get no where near the champs league.

I don't particularly hate Spurs, I just hate Redknapp. Now he's not that I really don't care about them one way or the other.

Harry was shit on MotD. EVEYRONE is a triffic, fantastic or top player/manager.

I really liked him on it.

Like him or not as a person, he does have a very intrinsic knowledge of how the Premier League actually works.

I found it refreshing to be listening to someone with first hand experience of what is happening in the league. He was certainly far better than the depressing plop 'legends' who can think of nothing positive to say about anything.

More of the same please, Beeb.

Mate of mine wants AVB out already. He can sense that this (project) isn't going to work. TBH I agree. AVB was a gamble. He was fantastic at Porto and a mess at Chelsea. Many; myself included; said it was Chelsea's strong dressing room personalities that made AVB's life difficult there, but even allowing for that, there is the possibility that he wasn't up to it. His selections on Saturday made no sense and neither did his substitutions. He'll be given time because of the money spent but given their new high expectations I wouldn't rule out him being gone by the start of next season.

I really liked him on it.

Like him or not as a person, he does have a very intrinsic knowledge of how the Premier League actually works.

I found it refreshing to be listening to someone with first hand experience of what is happening in the league. He was certainly far better than the depressing plop 'legends' who can think of nothing positive to say about anything.

More of the same please, Beeb.

agree, I don't mind 'arry on MOTD to be honest either much better than Savage for me.

It says a lot about how shit the BBC's pool of 'experts' is doesn't it? Lineker aside I wouldn't miss any of them if they all got sacked tomorrow, and I'd seriously think about doing that if I were in charge of things at MotD because the current policy of getting somebody in because they used to be a very very good player is bollocks. Get somebody in who is actually articulate and prepared to offer an informed opinion about the game rather than some ex player who has just read the bit of paper that one of the researchers gave him (Shearer is particularly guilty of that) or somebody who just trolls to get a reaction (Savage). Why not bring some journalists in? People who get paid to think and write about the game, lord knows how many of these people the BBC employ already. Why not use them?

/off topic

I'm not sure is it true but I read article about Liverpool in the 90s from finnish football magazine and they claimed that he used to motivate his players by always giving them hairdryer-treatment and throwing porcelain kettles etc to the walls :D

Â