Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

i agree, modric is head and shoulders above our CM, just took him a while to settle, i actually think he'd fill in for xavi or iniesta a treat if one of them was injured, he's same build but not as good, small quick feet very calm on the ball always seems to have that extra second

IMHO he's got this and then next season left at spurs and then a real big fish will come in for him

Sadly i agree. I will say though that I think it's a bit of a myth he took time to settle. I think because we were so poor at the start of last season, the media naturally decided Modric was having trouble settling in, but I thought he was great right from the start. The trouble was Ramos played him deeper than JJ. I found this shocking. Modric was playing really well, but you want him to be doing that in the final third of the pitch, not in his own half. If he'd played on the left from the start, then I'm sure he'd have been getting praise by the media from the beginning. He was able to handle the speed and physical nature of the Prem right from his first game. The first thing that really stood out for me about him against Boro (our first game 2008/9) was how tough he was to get off the ball and how he isn't affraid to get stuck in.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say Joey, good to have a realistic Spurs fan who admits that not all the players are world class but has at the same time has pride in his team. This thread might be taking a new direction!

And doesn't come out with ridiculous ITKs.

Chris, I'm pretty sure

I showed them links to polls both of which stated that the majority of voters would rather SPurs lose, so it would mean Jol was fired, than we win.
could qualify?

That's a pathetic attitude in my opinion. (I realise Joey's opinion likely contradicted that poll)

IIRC, there were a few on here in August who were saying (at the very least in private discussions) that the bright side to Villa losing would be if MON was sacked... it's not that much of a leap from that to hoping for a loss so that the manager gets sacked.

Must say Joey, good to have a realistic Spurs fan who admits that not all the players are world class but has at the same time has pride in his team. This thread might be taking a new direction!

And doesn't come out with ridiculous ITKs.

Agreed. I worry he may not make the wall of fame.

Chris, I'm pretty sure

I showed them links to polls both of which stated that the majority of voters would rather SPurs lose, so it would mean Jol was fired, than we win.
could qualify?

That's a pathetic attitude in my opinion. (I realise Joey's opinion likely contradicted that poll)

IIRC, there were a few on here in August who were saying (at the very least in private discussions) that the bright side to Villa losing would be if MON was sacked... it's not that much of a leap from that to hoping for a loss so that the manager gets sacked.

I'm sure there were. And I'm sure there are people now who would rather we lost *couhg* sting *cough* if it meant MON was sacked.

BUT, I very much doubt, in fact I'd put my house on it, that it wasn't and isn't the majority of fans, which joey indicated was the case at Spurs when Jol was in charge.

I'm beginning to worry that my opinion of Modric is wrong. I really don't rate him. But everyone else does so I may have to throw in the towel and admit I'm wrong!

I echo the sentiments that Joey seems to be a Spurs fan with his head screwed on as opposed to Glaston, who I'm pretty sure if Redknapp plucked a baby from the crowd and blew its head off with a shotgun, would argue that it was the best thing any manager had ever done.

I'm beginning to worry that my opinion of Modric is wrong. I really don't rate him. But everyone else does so I may have to throw in the towel and admit I'm wrong!

I echo the sentiments that Joey seems to be a Spurs fan with his head screwed on as opposed to Glaston, who I'm pretty sure if Redknapp plucked a baby from the crowd and blew its head off with a shotgun, would argue that it was the best thing any manager had ever done.

If only he done that with Jamie as a child

Â