PL: Portsmouth h 2009/09/19 Reactions and Ratings

NurembergVillan

A bit miffed, because of a slight feel that we could have had 3 more goals with just a bit more composure and up-gearing. But impossible to be disappointed.

Clean Sheet! Gabby three in a row! Top class keeper performance by Brad sr.! Home victory! Fourth consecutive league victory! fourth in the table. :D

Solid victory overall.

Central defence looked solid again, but it wasn't Carlos's best game. I think Luke will be a shoe-in when he gets back.

We went to sleep for 15 mins in the 2nd half, and it could have cost us if not for Bradley. Great display from him.

Excellent goal for Gabby, happy that he got another for his confidence. His upper body strength work is paying off big style. He rolled their defenders easily a fair few times.

We need to see more from Ashley, he's been disapointing so far this season.

Another 3 points though and up to 5th, not much to be unhappy about just now :-)

We are winning games like this without getting out of 3rd gear.

Composure on the ball. We don't have it, thus making our job a lot harder than it should be. Good 3 points and another goal from Gabby but midfield disappeared again and we got raped for 20-25 minutes. I don't know why we don't freshen things up with 30 minutes to go. I could understand if we didn't have options on the bench.

It was comfortable. However, still don't think 4-4-2 is for us. For 20 mins of the second half we were getting carved open by a poor Portsmouth side. Saying that though, if Pompey play like that, i can see them staying up.

Glad of the 3 points and the clean sheet, really helping confidence with the defence not leaking any and Gabby scoring both ends of the pitch should be high in confidence. Milner= New penalty taker in my eyes.

I am an admirer of Cuellar but not at RB we need L.Young back soon, and this will complete the defence. Maybe we will see him on Wednesday if he is fully fit?

Collins was great, Dunne did his job.

Milner and Gabby stood out for me, Young was, again really ineffective. Delph should of played more than 10 minutes IMO and we were allowing Pompey far too much space in the second half, a better team would of punished us. The 4-4-2 works for these sort of games, but I don't want to see it permanently.

I thought it was a poor second half but we were always relatively in control. Quality goal by Gab - reminded me of Fuller's goal against us last year.

My main comment from the game:

Michael Brown you are a dirty **** piece of shit sniping word removed.

About 3 times he came in late with a knee in the back and he does it every time he plays against us. Abolute piece of shit.

another good win and another clean sheet as well, gabby is on fire at the moment!

still, id still like us to stop sitting back when we are ahead and letting the opposition have the ball, especially as petrov and sidwell cannot cope with all the running and chasing around after 70 mins. just keep the ball ourselves as it makes it a lot easier- we wont get as tired, the opposition will and we will likely create more chances to score. thats a minor complaint though and i think when we get downing in there our ball retention will improve