PL: Portsmouth h 2009/09/19 Reactions and Ratings

NurembergVillan

I want Beye to play. If he had played badly against Plop and Fulham I could have understood it.

- I think MON sends out really negative messages to his squad when he plays a player out of position in front of one of them. This is bound to cause the confidence of that player to drop.

- I also think it unbalances the team. I was excited this year that we would see the best out of Millie and Ash with proper FB's behind them and he is already screwing with that.

And I disagree that he had fit Dunne and Collins in from day 1. For me, if we are in good form and players are doing well, as Cuellar and Beye have from day 1, then they should not be dislodged by new signings. I would place Shorey as an exception to this as I do not see him as part of our squad going forward - too inconsistent for me.

I want Beye to play. If he had played badly against Plop and Fulham I could have understood it.

- I think MON sends out really negative messages to his squad when he plays a player out of position in front of one of them. This is bound to cause the confidence of that player to drop.

- I also think it unbalances the team. I was excited this year that we would see the best out of Millie and Ash with proper FB's behind them and he is already screwing with that.

And I disagree that he had fit Dunne and Collins in from day 1. For me, if we are in good form and players are doing well, as Cuellar and Beye have from day 1, then they should not be dislodged by new signings. I would place Shorey as an exception to this as I do not see him as part of our squad going forward - too inconsistent for me.

Screwing with it and getting results, that is all that matters.

When he still persists and stops getting results I think you have the right to moan, until then I don't see how you can complain?

2 Clean sheets and 6 points proves MON absolutely right IMO.

I take your point though, but unlike some I do not change my views depending upon the last result. I think we have got good results without playing well but against Blues and Pompey. We will get stearner tests.

Whose to say we wouldn't have also won with Beye - Cuellar - Dunne - Warnock?

If we are all jsut going to post on the back of results it will be a pretty dull forum for debate. "Great game. We won. CL here we come." or "Oh my god, we lost. Surely we are going down." will be all we will see apart from transfer speculation.

I take your point though, but unlike some I do not change my views depending upon the last result. I think we have got good results without playing well but against Blues and Pompey. We will get stearner tests.

If we are all jsut going to post on the back of results it will be a pretty dull forum for debate. "Great game. We won. CL here we come." or "Oh my god, we lost. Surely we are going down." will be all we will see apart from transfer speculation.

I just think you are finding fault for the sake of it.

Who is to say he will not bring Beye back for the sterner tests?

From what I gather Beye was injured for Blues and might not have been fully fit for Pompey?

Nobody. But we won with Cuellar - Collins - Dunne - Warnock, which is all that really matters.

The logic is fairly simple. Cuellar started against the scum, perhaps because of his strength, experience and because the manager wanted Collins and Dunne in the middle but couldn't come up with a valid reason to drop Carlos.

Doesn't offer a lot going forward that's true, but when you have Milner in front of you doing the roaming perhaps defence first is a safer bet. I don't think Luke Young is much of a marauder either to be frank. Perhaps the manager feels Beye is a bit too shaky defensively to be relied upon in certain situations?

Carlos performed very well against the scum, they all did as a unit. So he kept his place. It's not like he dropped Gabby in favour of Heskey now is it?