Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

What kind of a question is this?

It's like saying I wish i'd jumped out of that aeroplane without a parachute!

Think its just a straight question do you want Heskey playing or Not ?

*WHOOSH*

:lol:

lol what do you mean by *WHOOSH*

Okay, put it this way. I'd rather play with 10 men than have him on the pitch...

I think he's okay, as a back up for JC, but should never be paired with JC.

Its not Heskey's fault that he's playing though, its our idiot of a manager. The same manager that repeatedly puts Stan in a 4-4-2 and hardly ever plays NRC. The same manager that watched the last 15 games of last season and made no tactical changes or even substitutions. The same manager that watched a very average pre-season until Stan was injured and replaced in DCM by NRC followed by some great performances/results. The same manager that returned Stan in a 4-4-2 on day 1 and watched us murdered by a Wigan side that has since been murdered by everyone else. The same manager that tweaked the side to then see us beat Plop but still didn't learn from that!!

I don't know what MON has to go through for him to learn anything?? He is a complete prat and the poll should be about the manager and not a CF who is being used by that manager in the wrong way. IMHO! He is taking the club down.

speaks volumes doesnt it.

Noone rates him.

Mon and Capello clearly do.

I rate Heskey, he is a good player. He was at Leicester, Liverpool, The Noses and he was at Wigan. He is a good hold up player. he can change games. I was over the moon when we signed him for £3.5m, when Palacios went to the Potatoes for £14m.

Unfortunately his style does not suit our style of play and he has not cut it here. We would be better using him as a sub or a solo target man, but he does not work in a 4-4-2 with two wingers. In fact, as long as we play two out-and-out wingers, I doubt 4-4-2 will ever work.

It's a midfield battle at the top of the league, and by playing three in the middle we broke down the team seeded #1 in yesterday's champions league draw in their own back yard. Switch back to 4-4-2 and we are gash again. 4-5-1 worked a treat the other night, then when the players were full of confidence, 4-4-2 shat all over it.

I'd keep him as a squad player, but only to boost the numbers. He is 3/4th choice for me, but could be used for the last 15/20 mins to change a stale game if we were playing 4-5-1.

Heskey in a 4-4-2 - not good enough.

How can he be ok for back up to Carew - when his goal scoring ratio is 1in9 , whilst carews in close to 1 in 2 ?

A disastrous signing, which IMO started the demise of MON.

Gabby didn't score on Monday but we beat Plop 3-1. A striker doesn't have to score 1 in 2 to be a good player. You are right though that someone has to score the goals and its doesn't quite work with Gab and Emil. Maybe alongside the Fonz as our back up striking duo?

Trouble is, in our position, we are unlikely to have a back up striker for JC that scores at 1 in 2!

I think the goals and assists total of a striker is the most important aspect when you look at a striker's contribution and try and quantify it as one in three or whatever and Heskey just doesn't fit the bill. He did move around a bit last night which was a rare treat but I don't like the fact that he has this annoying undeserved swagger about him.

What we desperately need is a forward that can drop into the middle a bit and link up the midfield to attack a la Tuncay.

cant argue he is effective when used correctly. we dont use him correctly and dont have the players around him to make him effective.

for us he has been on a par with the likes of fashanu as s signing, we great for other people but ultimately was shit for us.

He plays with different players with england and is possibly asked to do a different thing so it is irrelevent whether or not capello likes him,Even still he has never blwon me away in an england shirt.

Like i said i wanted him to do well this season and backed him up on here but he has been shite and should be benched now carew is back.

This crap about he offers different things to the team apart from goals etc etc that always gets rolled out by pundits and fellow players(mainly owen and rooney who get more freedom and look good when playing next to him,so of course they like it) is crap,Strikers are there to put the ball in the net and everyone knows it.

Â