Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

I may be alone in thinking this, but ...

If we'd have started the game last night with a 4-5-1 formation I reckon the stay awayers would've gone into internet meltdown. We needed to win the game, we needed to score goals, the only reason 4-5-1 worked before is because the opposition (lets take Liverpool as a recent example) were attacking US, the onus was on them to have a go as they were the home team

Rapid had absolutely no need to do that, if we'd played 5 in the middle they'd have just kept the ball even more and passed it amongst themselves

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but for me 4-4-2 had to be the formation last night

Having said that, certain players could've been better picked over others IMHO

I'd seriously think about dropping Petrov for Sunday and sticking NRC in the middle with either Delph or Sidwell (or all three)

Well this wasnt suppose to turn into a slag MON of fest lol. The only mistakes he is making is playing Heskey and playing a 4-4-2. If we play 4-5-1 and drops Heskey the man will be a genius again, if he continues with Heskey and plays 4-4-2 he is going to fail. Come on MON, we know you can see it, your just being too loyal to Petrov and Heskey, and too stubborn towards us fans. Do what we all know is right......................take Heskey off to the quarry for a little chat and do what you gotta do...

4-4-2 worked last night. The only failure was that we never took the lard off for NRC at two-nil, reverting to 4-5-1.

People who are saying its pointless showing this to the general and that MON will never see it could also be wrong. Managers put up newspaper articles and fans views on players performances in the changing rooms and make them aware of it. If Petrov needs to be told to work on his fitness and up his tempo im sure he will be told, by Mon and us, and if we are not happy with Heskey and word gets around which i bet you it does, MON will have to consider it for longer whether Heskey is really working. The General will put comments views forward to MON maybe not directly but they will get there, even if he says he doesnt. Not a dig at the General by the way.

MON likes his own way - if these polls gain credence within the club (ie 91% of Fans don't like Heskey) MON will walk. Any interference on team level - he won't tolerate it. I actually think he is thouroughly pissed with being villa manager - and it wouldn't take an awful lot for him to walk anyway.

I really think this will be his last season with Villa whatever happens

the problem doesnt lye with Heskey, IMO the problem is our strikeforce as a while.

Carew is hit or miss, here or elsewhere, fit or injured, a fans favorite but it seems that MON may think differently of him (thats questionable I know)

Gabby, this lad could be awesome but he hasnt been firing for a while now. Will he become another Luke Moore, Darius Vassell?

So that leaves us with Heskey, a striker that isnt known for his goalscoring capabilities and Del Boy, an up and coming star (potentially)

Its a difficult one as I think that Carew and Gabby are enough but then again, I sometimes wished we signed a top class striker in the summer

Back to the point, if you look at Heskey being a backup player for Carew then he is a good signing. If you expect Heskey to bag 30 goals this season then of course you're going want him out of the club

People who are saying its pointless showing this to the general and that MON will never see it could also be wrong. Managers put up newspaper articles and fans views on players performances in the changing rooms and make them aware of it. If Petrov needs to be told to work on his fitness and up his tempo im sure he will be told, by Mon and us, and if we are not happy with Heskey and word gets around which i bet you it does, MON will have to consider it for longer whether Heskey is really working. The General will put comments views forward to MON maybe not directly but they will get there, even if he says he doesnt. Not a dig at the General by the way.

MON likes his own way - if these polls gain credence within the club (ie 91% of Fans don't like Heskey) MON will walk. Any interference on team level - he won't tolerate it. I actually think he is thouroughly pissed with being villa manager - and it wouldn't take an awful lot for him to walk anyway.

I really think this will be his last season with Villa whatever happens

Well this wasnt suppose to turn into a slag MON of fest lol. The only mistakes he is making is playing Heskey and playing a 4-4-2. If we play 4-5-1 and drops Heskey the man will be a genius again, if he continues with Heskey and plays 4-4-2 he is going to fail. Come on MON, we know you can see it, your just being too loyal to Petrov and Heskey, and too stubborn towards us fans. Do what we all know is right......................take Heskey off to the quarry for a little chat and do what you gotta do...

So he is making mistakes because he won't listen to internet fans when it comes to team selection and formations. I used to laugh at spurs and newcastle fans for their attitude, we're fast becoming a lot worse.

4-4-2 worked last night. The only failure was that we never took the lard off for NRC at two-nil, reverting to 4-5-1.

And i guarantee had we done that and still lost the same people would be moaning about going defensive and changing things when we were winning.

There was always a threat of rapid scoring, we needed that 3rd goal and before rapid scored the 4-4-2 and the 11 players on the pitch looked like they could have got that 3rd goal and should have got it.

England can afford a Heskey in their side to do donkey work, because of the number of match winners elsewhere in the side - goals come frmo Rooney, Gerrard Lampard, Cole, Crouch, Terry whoever etc.

We don't have those match winners, ergo, it is a valuable waste of a scoring source.

I truly believe Heskey could cost MON his job.

You can say that again! Oh, you already did :lol:

Get a **** grip. The ommissiojn of NRC >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the playing of Heskey.

It aint heskeys fault that we get overrun in the middle of the pitch.

Heskey >>> MON

Nail on Head.

It was far from Heskeys fault yesterday

Heskey-rino - come on Celtic, where is the bid?

His impact on AVFC can not be underestimated. It has been massive, BUT not for the reasons we would have liked. Like in many things in life if you are a favourite of the boss, you will get the breaks despite what it does to the delivery of the project

So he is making mistakes because he won't listen to internet fans

Is this the new hammer to hit people with? Just because via the internet we are all discussing things on a internet forum we are internet fans so our views are wrong? How does that work then with your views?

Heskey, Harewood two big CF's who have a habit of making blind runs, scoring the odd goal but not offering that much different that often is the key between success and failure when you need that special bit of skill

No to Heskey playing again along with Petrov. Both need replacing and quick!

Petrov was brilliant with two other CMs against Liverpool but I've never slated the player, just said he's not got the legs to play 4-4-2 and MON is more the fool to keep gambling on this.

Well this wasnt suppose to turn into a slag MON of fest lol.
How could it possibly not?

We might as well have a poll to choose the players to sign and the player to play each week. It would be bad enough if the chairman was interfering in such decisions.

i used to think he was shit at scoring cus he was wasteful in front of goal

but in reality he doesnt score cus he never gets any chances cus he is always too deep

if he ever plays in front of a fit Carew again my head will explode

Â