Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

This is only a difficult poll if you are five years old, or had a hard bang on the head. Do you want Heskey to play or not? If you think he should play in a 4-5-1 then your answer would be YES, if you would have him play in a 4-4-2 then your answer would be YES, if you would have him come on after 60 minutes to hold the ball up, in a game we are winning then your answer would be YES. If your not happy with him and think Gabby and Carew are better and cause our team to score more goals, your answer will be NO, if you think we play better in a 4-5-1 with Gabby up top, then your answer would be NO.

Has that made it a little easier for you all?

Didn't someone do some stats on his performances last season- which came up as zero assists !

The england thing is a red herring, he was subbed in the last match and his replacement Defoe (the striker we should have brought) scored 2 goals

Didn't someone do some stats on his performances last season- which came up as zero assists !

Yes, it was none. He does not set up goals at all, and doesn't score either. He can bring players into the game for England but he will never do it for us because we don't play like them.

Yes, it was none. He does not set up goals at all, and doesn't score either. He can bring players into the game for England but he will never do it for us because we don't play like them.

Absolutely spot on Hanky.

We do not play the same style of football as England, so Heskey's England form is irrelevant to us.

If we played as England do - with 2 CM's pushed high up the park and full backs overlapping at every given opportunity, he'd be a lot more effective - we don't, and as a result, his England form is nothing to us.

Thats why Capello will pick him, because he works well in Capello's system.

This is only a difficult poll if you are five years old, or had a hard bang on the head. Do you want Heskey to play or not? If you think he should play in a 4-5-1 then your answer would be YES, if you would have him play in a 4-4-2 then your answer would be YES, if you would have him come on after 60 minutes to hold the ball up, in a game we are winning then your answer would be YES. If your not happy with him and think Gabby and Carew are better and cause our team to score more goals, your answer will be NO, if you think we play better in a 4-5-1 with Gabby up top, then your answer would be NO.

Has that made it a little easier for you all?

Ha ha, you have been chatting to Insiderman, haven't you?

if you would have him come on after 60 minutes to hold the ball up, in a game we are winning then your answer would be YES.

Is totally compatible with

If your not happy with him and think Gabby and Carew are better and cause our team to score more goals, your answer will be NO

It is perfectly possible to think that Gabby & Carew should be our first choice forwards but that Heskey is a useful option to have on the bench, so the answer is both YES and NO according to your analysis.

The problem is I'm not 5, I've just passed 6, so I'm starting to realise that football is a bit more complex than silly black and white "Yes" or "No" options.

Congratulations - this is the worst and most pathetic thread I have ever read on here - and that is saying something.

Whether you like him or not - he was not to blame yesterday.

If anyone really thinks he is to blame or mainly to blame for 6 months of shite you're either extremely naive, jumping on a fashionable bandwagon, impressionable or at worst completely stupid.

The manager prefers him to Gabby and / or Carew therefore save your

ire for him

I agree we lump up the ball when he plays - but that isn't Heskeys fault it's either piss poor management or players themselves being morons

Lay off Heskey, blame the clueless idiot that picks him

I'm with the vast majority on Heskey, and like some others I don't want Petrov in the team.

Heskey + Petrov = Blunt in attack, dangerously exposed in defence.

Agbonlahor + Reo-Coker = Sharper in attack, more solid in defense.

If we're playing 4-4-2, those look like the two most obvious changes from last night's starting line-up.

Simple question ,

What does he bring to the team with the system that we play?

If the answer is very little then he should not play.

Its not personell , its based on what the team needs.

While im at it i would ask the same question of Petrov.

I have no problem with Heskey playing when he's needed. I don't think he's as bad as is made out.

HOWEVER, he should not play ahead of Carew if Carew is fully fit, and if we play 4-5-1 he should be third choice.

Of course he has a place, he is a good, hard working player. MON prefers a fit Gabby or Carew to him but he has much more about him than Delfounso ... a player who will, I predict, be the next one on the Villa Park hatelist within a couple of years.

We rotated last night, be happy that we are out of the competition and now need to rotate less.

How many time do we have do this! Heskey is Carews back-up when hes out injured! A good back-up at that!

MON will decide what formation is needed and then strikers will be picked to accomadate that but i'm certain that carew is first choice target man, heskey backing that up! And I've been to every game this year and ok he cant hold it up like carew (who can?) but he certainly looks sharper, faster, works hard, still hard to defend against and hes getting into goalscoring positions in the box....if milner hadnt rifled that one past last night he would of scored again beacuse he gamble in the box! A attribute we all said we wanted, like an owen.

Perfectly fine with Heskey playing beacuse hes a good player to replace carew! No doubt carew on form is better but i certainyl dont mind having heskey as his back-up!

KEEP IT UP HESKEY!

Come on boys lets get behind the players, heskey has started well this season!

Congratulations - this is the worst and most pathetic thread I have ever read on here - and that is saying something.

If anyone really thinks he is to blame or mainly to blame for 6 months of shite you're either extremely naive, jumping on a fashionable bandwagon, impressionable or at worst completely stupid.

ire for him

I agree we lump up the ball when he plays - but that isn't Heskeys fault it's either piss poor management or players themselves being morons

And your not on the other fashionable bandwagon..calling MON a clueless idiot?? Fool. The thread might be bad, but you have just made yourself look completely stupid with that post!

ire for him

And your not on the other fashionable bandwagon..calling MON a clueless idiot?? Fool. The thread might be bad, but you have just made yourself look comletely stupid with that post!

How? the man ager is an idiot - he's made the same mistalkes for 6 months. This isn't joining a bandwagon - it is a fact that's backed up by statistics. 1 player doesn't make a team, however a manager is responsible for all 11 players.

Sometimes players can let the team down in one off situations - the manager then has the choice to stick with them or to change them.

If you think Heskey shouldn't play then you are inferring the manager is choosing the wrong team and thus feeling he is wrong. he hasn't learnt the lesson from the last 6months - same old crap, same mistakes, same tired excuses.

Â