Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

I said No, He's not useless but he's not good enough either.

We may as well play 4-5-1 as play Heskey, as at least the extra midfielder would have a better chance of scoring. Slightly off topic, but where the **** was NRC tonight? Yes I know I've been critical of him, but after his great game against Liverpool, he should have started tonight. He and Petrov were an awesome partnership against Liverpool, and playing him would have given Delph licence to be more attacking.

Slightly off topic, but where the **** was NRC tonight? Yes I know I've been critical of him, but after his great game against Liverpool, he should have started tonight. He and Petrov were an awesome partnership against Liverpool, and playing him would have given Delph licence to be more attacking.

Reo Coker was on the bench dnno why either.

Slightly off topic, but where the **** was NRC tonight? Yes I know I've been critical of him, but after his great game against Liverpool, he should have started tonight. He and Petrov were an awesome partnership against Liverpool, and playing him would have given Delph licence to be more attacking.

I'd guess he was a little tired and O'Neill knew they'd sit back and he wanted players who are better on the ball?

The actual not starting him bit worked but then he should of been brought on.

He shouldve been brought on with Gabby when we were 2 up.

Everyone could see what was coming, everyone knew what happened to be done.

But it didnt materialise, thats what im annoyed about.

That's exactly it.

It's why when I see comments "he shouldn't of played etc.."

I'm getting abit annoyed, because I would of played Reo-Coker, the move not to play Reo-Coker completly payed off and then when we were in the lead, I'm sure everyone could see it, I was dying for him to make changes and he didn't, that's where he lost it, not the starting 11, his lack of changes.

I'd guess he was a little tired and O'Neill knew they'd sit back and he wanted players who are better on the ball?

The actual not starting him bit worked but then he should of been brought on.

Yes agreed Reo Coker should have been bought on.

What does it take for Petrov to ever get substituted??

He was clearly completely exhausted by the hour or so mark.

He should have been brought on at 2-0 but no the manager didn't see that did he, no surprise there.
someone said in an earlier thread that mon never pre-empts tactical decisions, he always reacts to something which has gone wrong. watch united or chelsea, when they get the lead, they lock it down.

*edit*

here it is...

If he does make substitutions, they're always reactionary rather than pre-emptive, and so end up being pointless and often counter productive.

you dont want him to play for villa, and yet fabio capello (a far more experienced and respected manager than yourself) will undoubtedly want him in his england team for the next world cup qualifier...

Not interested in England were talking about AVFC !

So because hes a forward for England that means he's top quality ? He's done NOTHING at any club and he is sending our club into freefall with his mediocre performances including 81 minutes of pure crap tonight.

How can a striker like that start most of our games ? Why ? MON and favouritism will probably give you the answer.

TIME FOR HESKEY TO EITHER PLAY FOR THE RESERVES OR LEAVE !

maybe mon desperately wants one of his signings to bloom?

he's pretty hit and miss lets face it.

maybe if he plays heskey solid for 2 years he might turn out alright, like petrov

The problem is Petrov actually showed quality at other clubs. Heskey has Shown absolutely none at any club what so ever.

I use to love winding up Liverpool fans when he played for them i really do believe in Karma and wish i,d kept my mouth shut.

I never would of thought in a billion that he would of ended up here :(

Sometimes i do think MON sends out new signings to try and prove a point.

Tonight the obvious option in the middle was Reo and Reo couldnt of done anymore to be picked.

But no new signing Delph was chosen even though he has no experience at all. Pick an inexperienced player for such a big game where we could of had a bit of bite in the middle.

Clueless Management comes to mind

Â