Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

We missed a trick with Eto'o going to Inter. I think we could of swung a deal with Barca of Heskey+Harewood for Eto'o

My god yes Barca have really missed out there haven't they.

I dont care what Martin does but get Heskey gone or it,l only help towards his current downfall with fans.

If we are to play 451 then who needs Heskey. He will warm our bench at best. The real question is though, if we do go back to 451, Carew or Gabby?

How about Carew for the first 65 mins then Gabby for the final 25 mins of a game, to provide fresh legs/ideas? Or the other way round, depending on the opposition? 'One or the other' and you end up with a knackered player in March.

So we are losing in a game.... 2 - 1 to be precise after 60 mins, and Carew and Gabby are injured and knackered and its too much of a big game for young fonz. We bring Heskey on upfront on his own.......... Which one of you guys feels confident that he will score and we will get back in the game?

Probably none of you....so why do we have Heskey as a striker? Strikers are suppose to score goals aren't they?? If Drogba scored 1 in 9 for about 3 years would he still be at Chelsea?

If you are one of those thinking, " but he holds the ball up, like he does for England" well we don't play like England so that theory is flawed. Any other theories on why we should keep him? Maybe its because he is good backup?? Well if we do what most on here want us to do and play 4-5-1, then that will mean that Heskey if used as backup will have to go up top on his own.

Its certainly the signing of Heskey and the continuous playing of him thats costing MON his job at Villa.

Then again if MON continues to play Heskey then its also his own fault. If MON cant see the problems with Heskey at Villa then maybe he shouldnt be our manager or just isn't right.

The decision to field the same formation with Petov and Delph in the middle (Lightweight) was just criminal and totally stupid.

I feel for Reo i really do and i wouldnt blame him if he slapped a transfer request in tomrrow as MON has his favourites and REo is not one of them. End of the day MON likes to prove a point by constantly playing players or his favourites that he bought.

It took him over 2 years to drop Petov and on the 3rd year he came good.

Heskey has beens hite all his career so thats not going to change Martin and if you cant see that then theirs something wrong with your management.

One last thing what gave Martin the right to call us football manager fans ? Th After 3 months we think we can do better ? Actually Martin i probably would of done a better job than you did last night and sent out the correct formation and sent out the same side that beat Liverpool.

I wouldnt be suprised if MON plays the same team against Fulham because if he does we will get turned over again.

Reo has to play in the middle alongside Petrov if he is fit enough as he look sshattered every game despite him only just coming back off pre season.

I wouldnt be suprised if MON plays the same team against Fulham because if he does we will get turned over again.

Reo has to play in the middle alongside Petrov if he is fit enough as he look sshattered every game despite him only just coming back off pre season.

I posted these comments on another site after the Wigan game but before the Liverpool game. You'd think I'm a **** clairavoiyant or something...

Kiwivillan - 18/8/2009 13:22

I also said in an earlier thread I fear a fluke result against Liverplop could wrongly let MON think he has carte blanche to return to his shit tactics/selections that have cursed us since February.

Kiwivillan - 18/8/2009 13:13

I fear a result against Plop would not wake up MON to the shit 4-4-2 system and players he's been playing at home, the refusal to play the ball on the ground, through the middle at home.

Kiwivillan - 20/8/2009 13:02

someguy- 20/8/2009 12:53

Scond Ashley Young closed down by 3, yes 3!, wigan players and no one to pass too.

I remember that. I was like where the **** is Petrov. He was about 40 yards away in our own half too stuffed to move.

QED No more Petrov in a 4-4-2 please Mr O'Neill or are you too **** stubborn to accept the bleeding obvious. It's not a matter of fitness, Petrov doesn't have the legs anymore. He's not th eplayer you had at Celtic and Heskey is not the player you had at Leicester.

The mere fact that 91% of us thinks he a waste of lard, means Martin will just continue to pick him.

He said at the football awards after Carews goal won goal of the season that he'd teach us about the game of football. Was that last night? I was at a concert.

I posted these comments on another site after the Wigan game but before the Liverpool game. You'd think I'm a **** clairavoiyant or something...

Kiwivillan - 18/8/2009 13:22

I also said in an earlier thread I fear a fluke result against Liverplop could wrongly let MON think he has carte blanche to return to his shit tactics/selections that have cursed us since February.

Kiwivillan - 18/8/2009 13:13

I fear a result against Plop would not wake up MON to the shit 4-4-2 system and players he's been playing at home, the refusal to play the ball on the ground, through the middle at home.

Kiwivillan - 20/8/2009 13:02

someguy- 20/8/2009 12:53

Scond Ashley Young closed down by 3, yes 3!, wigan players and no one to pass too.

I remember that. I was like where the **** is Petrov. He was about 40 yards away in our own half too stuffed to move.

QED No more Petrov in a 4-4-2 please Mr O'Neill or are you too **** stubborn to accept the bleeding obvious. It's not a matter of fitness, Petrov doesn't have the legs anymore. He's not th eplayer you had at Celtic and Heskey is not the player you had at Leicester.

totally Mate !

The gaps are so obvious everyone is pointing them out except our MANAGER Martin O Neill.

Heskeys suited being at a lower end club like Leicester but he is not prem standard hes what i see every weekend ina local pub team.

How can the 4 - 5 - 1 formation and team that played not wake MON up ffs we beat Liverpool on their turf ?

What does it take to prove it exacty ? Nothing will prove it as he simply has poo rmanagement skills.

All this swapping and changing players is just going to **** things up as no one knows where they stand.

I cant imagine what Reo thought this morning dropped for an inexperienced youngster who has played a few mins in the prem leage and the rest League 1.

Comical if you ask me !

Well this wasnt suppose to turn into a slag MON of fest lol. The only mistakes he is making is playing Heskey and playing a 4-4-2. If we play 4-5-1 and drops Heskey the man will be a genius again, if he continues with Heskey and plays 4-4-2 he is going to fail. Come on MON, we know you can see it, your just being too loyal to Petrov and Heskey, and too stubborn towards us fans. Do what we all know is right......................take Heskey off to the quarry for a little chat and do what you gotta do...

People who are saying its pointless showing this to the general and that MON will never see it could also be wrong. Managers put up newspaper articles and fans views on players performances in the changing rooms and make them aware of it. If Petrov needs to be told to work on his fitness and up his tempo im sure he will be told, by Mon and us, and if we are not happy with Heskey and word gets around which i bet you it does, MON will have to consider it for longer whether Heskey is really working. The General will put comments views forward to MON maybe not directly but they will get there, even if he says he doesnt. Not a dig at the General by the way.

Â