Do you want Heskey to play?

villa84

Heskey to play games or not?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Heskey to play games or not?

• I want Heskey up front
    • I don't want Heskey playing

Heskey was fine tonight, the problem was the lack of subs once we were 2-0 ahead.

You don't think the fact that he almost never looks likely to score is a problem?

Heskey was fine tonight, the problem was the lack of subs once we were 2-0 ahead.

You don't think the fact that he almost never looks likely to score is a problem?

This, I mean, for **** sake, he mis judged a Milner cross and slid under it. Tool.

It is just he (Heskey) hardly ever seems to get to the ball in the vital moment!! I used to think it was a poor service to him but tonight (Vienna game) he had good service just didn't even get close!! good player just no poachers instinct

As i said it should be Hexkey

There were a few crosses he should have got something on the end of.

First half Milner crossed and admitedly fast ball and Heskey should have dived in with his head first but instead opted with a high leg and just fell over. He just makes wrong decisions in goal scoring opportunities time and time again. He can be useful but dont quite get why he started tonight alongside Carew.

This, I mean, for **** sake, he mis judged a Milner cross and slid under it. Tool.

Well if the side of 2-0 up and then the midfield is being over-run because mainly Petrov legs are going, then No that's not Heskey's problem. Heskey linked the play from midfield to the wide men well in the second half, not much in the first half though. We were 2-0 up, Coker, Sidwell, Gabby on, Heskey, Carew, Petrov should of come off. Play on the break.

And WTF! Milner's cross was far too heavy, how was that Heskey's fault?

Oh and I wouldn't start him regularly at all, but the fact we're 2-0 up and O'Neill didn't make changes to see the game through, it's hardly his fault, had he missed 2 or 3 very good chances and we didn't go through because of it then yes that's a problem.

Heskey will never be a goal scorer. But when he plays well he provides a lot for us, like he does for England. He's a provider not a scorer.

But he should not be first choice over Carew and Gabby. And he should certainly not have been played alongside Carew tonight.

I don't think Heskey was that bad tbh.

But I also think Petrov has been poor at the start of this season, its almost as though last season was a blip in form and he is back to his worst.

He seriously needs to start justifying his selection or it won't be Delph stepping down. I'm not saying he's shite, he's just not on form and looks as though he needs to earn his place, surely thats what competition for places is for.

heskey was pants tonight & often is for us.

So he plays for england?

Maybe he is a great player.

He just isnt for us.

It is surely ok for us to moan/discuss it here, but to petition or expect it to influence mon is ridiculous, imo

But I also think Petrov has been poor at the start of this season, its almost as though last season was a blip in form and he is back to his worst.

He seriously needs to start justifying his selection or it won't be Delph stepping down. I'm not saying he's shite, he's just not on form and looks as though he needs to earn his place, surely thats what competition for places is for.

I like Petrov but just doesnt seem ever suited in a 4-4-2 formation especially if have a player inexperienced as Delph alongside him in middle and two wide wingers.

Petrov isnt a holding player or a midfielder who gets forward. He needs support in middle if he starts

He also gets completely physically knackered by the hour mark.

O'Neill is also incredibly relucutant to ever substitute him when at times he should be.

Heskey plays well when he has a poacher/intelligent striker to play off him.

I fail to see how this is true seeing as he spends most his time deeper than our midfielders, how can a striker play of him??

Because he comes deep to pick up the ball and give to the main striker :?

Because he comes deep to flick on?

What MON tells him to do is beyond me, but for England and Liverpool/Leicester in the past he does/did this.

To say he's completely useless, as you did, is wrong.

He did well tonight at bringing players into play, didn't he cross it in to Carew and we nearly scored? He took part in the best movement of the game with smart one touch passing.

He's not a useless player, he's not a scapegoat for everything wrong as everyone seems to think.

We just dont have the players/system that suits him.

To say he's completely useless, as you did, is wrong.

No its not wrong, it is my opinion. You have yours, your entitled to it, I don't agree with it but its no more right than mine.

I think the difference is that most players would look good surrounded by the likes of Rooney, Gerrard and co. For us Heskey is totally and utterley (in my opinion) useless.

Heskey will never be a goal scorer. But when he plays well he provides a lot for us, like he does for England. He's a provider not a scorer.

How many goals has he provided for us? About as many as he's scored I think you'll find, ie hardly any. He's just a colossal waste of space.

Guest Ricardomeister

I hate to say it but my honest opinion is that Heskey is one of the least effective strikers I have seen in 35 years of going to Villa. And to play him with Carew just makes it worse.

Â