Is Cuellar a good player?

vivaashleyyoung

Is Cuellar good enough?  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cuellar good enough?

• Yes
    • No

Look we are all Villa fans here aren't we? This guy was outstanding yesterday. He's been good all season when played in his best position and he's not a bad right back also, just lacking in distributive qualities. I sit on the front row at VP and his high pitched screaming is very evident showing his passion and commitment to the cause.

Also, despite his white Bentley; he is not a prima donna, always has time for the fans and has made massive efforts in what is not his first language always conversing with fans. He may not fit Martin's normal profile of a player but this is the type of player we need at the Villa.

Not good enough for Spain? A consistent, class, effective and commited player playing near the top level of the Premier League. Worth a look? You bet.

I always thought that after their initial games together Dunne/Collins was our (new) best central defensive partnership. But given his recent showing in his true position there is no way that King Carlos should have the shirt taken off him.

Look we are all Villa fans here aren't we? This guy was outstanding yesterday. He's been good all season when played in his best position and he's not a bad right back also, just lacking in distributive qualities. I sit on the front row at VP and his high pitched screaming is very evident showing his passion and commitment to the cause.

Also, despite his white Bentley; he is not a prima donna, always has time for the fans and has made massive efforts in what is not his first language always conversing with fans. He may not fit Martin's normal profile of a player but this is the type of player we need at the Villa.

Not good enough for Spain? A consistent, class, effective and commited player playing near the top level of the Premier League. Worth a look? You bet.

I always thought that after their initial games together Dunne/Collins was our (new) best central defensive partnership. But given his recent showing in his true position there is no way that King Carlos should have the shirt taken off him.

Interesting comments, some useful insights, and a balanced view. Thanks for that.

Not really he cant play the ball from the back like Spanish defenders are demanded. Its the reason he plays in Britain. The only top division team in Spain that plays that way is Osasuna his old club

strange how a player can look pretty ordinary for ages and the suddenly find his feet. it happened with petrov too - maybe its something to do with coming from the scottish league - perhaps we should have kept maloney for longer!

strange how a player can look pretty ordinary for ages and the suddenly find his feet. it happened with petrov too - maybe its something to do with coming from the scottish league - perhaps we should have kept maloney for longer!
Then again Maloney couldn't cope without his Mummy could he

Mmm, dunno. A lot depends on Aston Villa. If we are doing well (I'd hate to curse us by giving an example of how well we might be doing) at Xmas the Spanish management will surely take note. If he keeps playing well he won't be dropped, and MON is the sort of bloke who would make sure to come out with a public plea for KC to get a call up.

Not playing alongside Curtis Davies I'd say.

Assuming Collins is fit next week , will Cuellar be dropped \ moved to RB or does Collins ,whoso far looks our best defender , have to wait his turn ??

and then we get Davies back soon as well ... I think long term the centre pairing will be Davies and Collins ... but neither Dunne nor Cuellar deserve to be out the team at the moment .. tough decision for MON to make

Assuming Collins is fit next week , will Cuellar be dropped \ moved to RB or does Collins ,whoso far looks our best defender , have to wait his turn ??

and then we get Davies back soon as well ... I think long term the centre pairing will be Davies and Collins ... but neither Dunne nor Cuellar deserve to be out the team at the moment .. tough decision for MON to make

Collins would have to be on the bench IMO. Cuellar is really excellent at the moment.

Â