Is Cuellar a good player?

vivaashleyyoung

Is Cuellar good enough?  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cuellar good enough?

• Yes
    • No

He is a good player but what will give collins the heads up in the team ahead of him will be that he does not hoof it as Collins likes to play it out of defence which leaves us less vulnerable

Was thinking maybe Dunne might take the seat.

He is a good player but what will give collins the heads up in the team ahead of him will be that he does not hoof it as Collins likes to play it out of defence which leaves us less vulnerable

I agree with that on the whole but there is one caveat to that I would add in that it remains to be seen how Collins would deal with a striker like Defoe.

So far Collins has excelled for us against the likes of Drogba but we are yet to see if he can handle the smaller more mobile threat of a striker like Defoe who could cause him problems with his movement.

I rather suspect that Ceullar is better equiped to deal with this kind of opponent and so like you right say with Collins in regards ability on the ball has a distinct advantage.

One thing is for sure its nice to have decent options in that position so we can potentiallu (when fit) pick players best suited to dealing with the opposition we are facing.

Theres three guys who sit behind me at home games, and they've slated his every touch since he came into the side last year, every touch was met with negativity. However, yesterday, his goal line clearance was met with shouts of 'I always told you he was a great player'.

Like someone else said, he's a lot better at CB than he is at RB, and certainly seems to be alot more settled this year.

I agree with that on the whole but there is one caveat to that I would add in that it remains to be seen how Collins would deal with a striker like Defoe.

So far Collins has excelled for us against the likes of Drogba but we are yet to see if he can handle the smaller more mobile threat of a striker like Defoe who could cause him problems with his movement.

I rather suspect that Ceullar is better equiped to deal with this kind of opponent and so like you right say with Collins in regards ability on the ball has a distinct advantage.

One thing is for sure its nice to have decent options in that position so we can potentiallu (when fit) pick players best suited to dealing with the opposition we are facing.

I agree with this. He took Tevez to the cleaners at OT last season and has given Torres very little when he has played on him.

He is probably our third best CB in the air but probably the best on the ground and probably the best tackler of all of them.

Exactly as predicted. Playing next to a leader like Dunne he was superb.

Interesting and I agree with you but would also say Carlos took a big step forward the day he played alongside Clark - ie in a leadership role.

I hope for him that he gets a chance to show the Spain selectors what he can do in a friendly or something before the World Cup.

My wife just saw King Carlos, Habib Beye, and Delph having lunch together 10 feet away at Cielo Restaurant in Birmingham. She's there visiting her parents and I'm stuck in Madrid! Anyways, I had her ask Carlos about his blog, and he said he'll get it started up again on the website AS, because he contact from Marca has moved there.

I wish I was there. She apparently went up to them and spoke to Carlos in Spanish and told him he should play for Spain in South Africa. She said she basicalled ignored the other two players, but who can blame here after Cuellar's match yesterday!

Im starting this thread on the back of one of the posts that was directed at me in the Cuellar + Davies thread by 'Carewseyebrowdesigner'

'You evident lack of football knowledge is laughable.

Cuellar is a good player. Infact, everyone with a **** half a brain knows he is a good player.'

So, what do you think? Can a player who cant kick a ball properly be good for us this season?

Im starting this thread on the back of one of the posts that was directed at me in the Cuellar + Davies thread by 'Carewseyebrowdesigner'

'You evident lack of football knowledge is laughable.

Cuellar is a good player. Infact, everyone with a **** half a brain knows he is a good player.'

So, what do you think? Can a player who cant kick a ball properly be good for us this season?

:crylaugh: vivaashleyyoung, your boys have taken one hell of a beating today, one HELL of a beating.

Cuellar best game for Villa yesterday. I am still sceptical about him but if he performs like that everyweek he will go up in my estimation.

He is still not good enough for Spanish team and never will. Doesnt have the technique the other Spanish defenders have to pass out of defence

Cuéllar is not a very good right back. But he is a very good central defender. Of course, we don't really know what Davies, Dunne or Collins are like at right back do we?

Â