Is Cuellar a good player?

vivaashleyyoung

Is Cuellar good enough?  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cuellar good enough?

• Yes
    • No

Can't say that I agree with the comment that he looked like he was making his debut - thought he did very well. I think that the last few games have shown that if he is given a run at CB he will be a good player for us.

Good performance today, good start to the season for me

From what I saw it looked like Cuellar was the CB who did all the difficult defending (there wasn't much) and coached Clark through superbly. To say it looked like Cuellar was making his debut is bizarre. He didn't have a shaky moment! Contrast that to the greek guy for Liverpool who was seriously off the pace on his first game, upsetting the entire Liverpool defence. Clark and Cuellar were both excellent.

I now think Carlos is getting into his stride as it cant be easy coming from the Scottish League.

Fair play to him as he's really proving many people wrong including myself as i did have doubts.

Well done Carlos and everyone who played today.

UTV

Watching him and Clarke today, you would have tought it was Cuellar making his debut, not the other way around.

Why's that?

Because i attended the match, and that was what i saw, i rest my case

Cuellar is a very good defender, perhaps not a great player, but is a very good defender. He takes up naturally defensive positions and seems to enjoy his job as an art. He'll never be a McGrath or a Laursen but he'll be a Teale or an Evans.

Watching him and Clarke today, you would have tought it was Cuellar making his debut, not the other way around.

Why's that?

??????

Cuellar was solid today and so was clarke !

Cuellar is coming to form which is good for us.

Why's that?

??????

Cuellar was solid today and so was clarke !

Cuellar is coming to form which is good for us.

I would like to think so, but on last years performances i wont hold my breath, but in in Clarke we have a gem, followed him thru, youth and reserve levels and if handled correctly we have M L `s long term replacement

He's a cross between Mellberg and Laursen imo, and that'll do for me. Hopefully he can be as good as they were in their prime, if not better. My only criticism would be that he's a little clumsy at times, but I do love the no noncense aspect about him, although he tends to hoof it alot when we're not playing well :(

Â