PL: Liverpool a 2009/08/24 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with some of the previous posts, hopefully MON goes with a 4-5-1 and pack Sidders and NRC in the middle. As someone said above, stop Gerrard and they arnet as creative as people give them credit for.

I hate to say it but I am expecting a loss too. Tbh although I would love a suprise result that would kickstart our season, I will be happy with a good performance. If they lose but still play well, it might give the team some much needed confidence.

Fingers crossed lads!

We're about fifteen minutes from team news and there are lots of areas where there are questions.

Friedel or Guzan?

Will Davies be fit?

Will Clark, Lichaj or Lowry play if he's not?

Which two (or three) of these will play in the middle: Petrov, Reo Coker, Sidwell, Delph, Gardner.

Will Carew be available?

Will Heskey or Agbonlahor get the nod up front?

For me it's:

Guzan

No

Clark

Reo Coker, Delph, Petrov

No

Agbonlahor

but I'm expecting:

Friedel

No

Lowry

Petrov, Reo Coker

No

Heskey

I can feel a good performance coming on tonight, MON will have the boys riled, we're due a good performance. I will be happy with a point, or we might sneak it 2-1. Liverpool aren't looking there best at the moment and with defensive uncertainty we could cause an upset.

Got a bit of a bet on for this game. Now don't laugh but my scouser friend on the other side of the office has wagered me that if Villa lose, I have to take in 20 donuts for his team. If Liverplop lose, same for my team.

Make sure you buy the stale ones should we lose, Should'nt cost more than £1 :)

Got a bit of a bet on for this game. Now don't laugh but my scouser friend on the other side of the office has wagered me that if Villa lose, I have to take in 20 donuts for his team. If Liverplop lose, same for my team.

What if its a draw??

I reckon it'll probably be a hammering in terms of possession and performance, but we'll only lose by one or maybe two goals. If we concede early on like last year with some shocking defending we may get slaughtered, but if we can stay solid looking it may not turn out so bad.

Teams far worse than us have gone to Anfield in the past and got a result by terrorising the Liverpool players and giving them no time whatsoever. We need exactly this attitude tonight. Midfielders to run themselves into the ground chasing Plop down, then more subs on to continue doing the same. But we don't use subs so that may be hard.

We're about fifteen minutes from team news and there are lots of areas where there are questions.

Friedel or Guzan?

Will Davies be fit?

Which two (or three) of these will play in the middle: Petrov, Reo Coker, Sidwell, Delph, Gardner.

Will Carew be available?

I think it'll be:

Friedel

No

None of the above, Beye to CB, NRC to RB

Petrov, Sidwell and Delph

No

Just Agbonlahor

Friedel or Guzan?

Will Davies be fit?

Will Carew be available?

I think it'll be:

Friedel

No

None of the above, Beye to CB, NRC to RB

Petrov, Sidwell and Delph

No

Just Agbonlahor

I also think this. I wish Carew was in the team.