PL: Liverpool a 2009/08/24 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew isn't going to be fit so Agbon should lead the line on his jack jones. Maybe Young can join him now and again. there's no point in him hanging balls into the box If there's no carew to head them. Young must restart tracking back especially if he looses possession. We should set out for a nil nil draw, make it the worst football match the premier league has ever seen.

I agree the fans should boo.....if the players give their all for the jersey.

the distinct lack of leaders on the pitch means if we do concede we're in for a mullering.

Ignoring the strange comments about trying to get a nil nil (when our defence has let in on average 2 goals per game this year), where did you get this information that Carew isn't going to be fit from? No site that I have checked has him as definitely out but all as doubtful.

One reason I'm happy this is away (and it's the only reason) is that there's been a depressing amount of talk recently about how bad our fans are. Mentioned on MOTD, Sky and elsewhere that 'they tend to get on your back up there' and a Wigan player said the same thing after beating us. Even MON came out in the Guardian and had to ask the fans to stop boing at half-time, asking us to hold off for full-time. (What a pessimist, obviously assumes we'll lose, lol!) Anyway, I reckon our away support is always class and will show people tonight that we know how to chant and sing and support our team. Should hopefully shut some people up for a while.

As for the game though, we're gonna get hammered 2-0 or some such.

if theres any game carew needs to play in its this one... Liverpool zonal mark and with skirtl possibly out i fancy our chances if we can whip a ball into JC in the box although i think we have a bunch of clowns in defence and can also see Torres taking home the matchball if we make any likely schoolboy errors

I think if we go in with a 4-5-1 we can get a result. Wouldn't be putting money on it though!

NRC has to be in there and tasked with doing a job on Stevie G for me. Not much offensively from Mascherano & Lucas. Kuyt and Benayouin aren't that scarey either. Chelski showed last year that if you stop Stevie G you stop Plop!

i think benayoun and kuyt played well against stoke their movement was superb i think lucas is pretty underated as well he's had a great preseason and is getting forward alot more which could trouble us if were not aware of it but i think o'neill will be

Dont think i've seen Villa fans so resigned to a heavy beating before a match in a long while. Confidence in the Villa squad is certainly low at the moment. And rightly so, it's a mess! :(

3 or 4-0 loss :cry:

Got a bit of a bet on for this game. Now don't laugh but my scouser friend on the other side of the office has wagered me that if Villa lose, I have to take in 20 donuts for his team. If Liverplop lose, same for my team.

I'm expecting an early goal to shake us, then have a bit of a fight back, then collapse. Liverpool aren't at their best but we're rattled for one reason or another, can't see anything but a loss. Expecting at least 3 goals.