PL: Liverpool a 2009/08/24 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be watching the game tonight round my mates house - as he has ESPN HD. However he's a liverpool fan, as is my other mate who is going and my other friend will be there too who supports.....the shit. So needless to say im not overly excited about tonight1

My friend (the host) sent this message round to us...

"Lads, if you're still available monday night football is a go! Ill be popping to Asda to pick up some pizzas so feel free to bring whatever you want".

To which I replied...

"Any chance you could also pick up a central defender and a goal scorer please mate?".

Couldn't resist. :lol:

Ill be watching the game tonight round my mates house - as he has ESPN HD. However he's a liverpool fan, as is my other mate who is going and my other friend will be there too who supports.....the shit. So needless to say im not overly excited about tonight1

My friend (the host) sent this message round to us...

"Lads, if you're still available monday night football is a go! Ill be popping to Asda to pick up some pizzas so feel free to bring whatever you want".

To which I replied...

"Any chance you could also pick up a central defender and a goal scorer please mate?".

Couldn't resist. :lol:

mate dont go...

sit in a bar and watch it by yourself...would be much less humiliating....

it could be 5 or 6 tonight......

martin go 4-5-1 and try and nick a draw....

-----------------------Friedel-----------

Beye-----Davies(if fit)----Cuellar------Shorey-----

Milner-----NRC-------Petrov------Delph-----Young-----

--------------------Carew (if he feels like it)-------------

if Beye has to play centrally FFS please dont play Gardener/NRC/Milner there, put a youngster in and watch him play with no fear...Eric will do....

if Carew is in a mood then put Gabby up top...at least it will encourage us to play it along the floor rather than lump it forward to Heskey

mate dont go...

sit in a bar and watch it by yourself...would be much less humiliating....

it could be 5 or 6 tonight......

But last time I went to watch us play Liverpool in a bar I was surrounded by plastic fans (mostly foreign as I was in London) and I was literally the only villa fan wearing my shirt proudly in there having to listen to loads of scouse songs. I even got bought a pint out of pure pity when their 5th goal went in. :oops:

I can't shake this nagging feeling in my gut that we're going to get something out of this game and surprise us all.

I know it's silly, my head is telling my gut that it's mental and we're gonna get battered...but I can't shake it.

Luke Young come back! 2 weeks is enough! We need you badly tonight!

come on show the guy abit of compassion he can take as long as he needs

think we will get thumped tonight 3 or 4-0

i hope mon goes for a 4-5-1 with stan nrc and sidders

Its essential that even if our players are not performing that our fans are! We have received great respect and plaudits from alot of other teams' supporters for how loud our away fans have been recently and how many fans we take around the country, lets not let this slip. Its a rough time but we'll be back and our players will eventually respond to our magnificent fans and get the glory days back at avfc. We must unite and stick together.

Loud and proud boys (and girls), loud and proud.

Reo coker and Sidwell must play. Pack that midfield out. Carew isn't going to be fit so Agbon should lead the line on his jack jones. Maybe Young can join him now and again. there's no point in him hanging balls into the box If there's no carew to head them. Young must restart tracking back especially if he looses possession. We should set out for a nil nil draw, make it the worst football match the premier league has ever seen.

I agree the fans should boo.....if the players give their all for the jersey.

the distinct lack of leaders on the pitch means if we do concede we're in for a mullering.

Good luck - I'd actually like to see Villa win this one, or at least get a draw and cause Liverpool to drop 2 points.

I don't think that's likely though, unfortunately, but you never know.

Stranger things have happened. Even you clowns beat them recently.

.... Stranger things have happened. Even you clowns beat them recently.

True. 3 times in the last 9 months in fact ;)

Still, doing it at Anfield would be a much tougher challenge.

Bloody hell, what are you doing on here?

Your right arm must be absolutely **** :-)

I guess anything under 2-0 should be accepted as decent tonight.

We should go out with a 4-6-0 defensive unit and a 4-5-1 offensive unit. We are going to be battered hard.

If Davies isn't playing and we have to field some Youth player then MON needs to get a real lesson from somebody

over him in the hierarchy.

Just want to see us show some balls tonight, couldn't care about the result. Away at Anfield even if we were firing on all cylinders I'd expect us to lose, just want to see the lads play with a bit of passion and perhaps gabby get on the scoresheet the confidence would do him a world of good.

I'm sitting in the Kop tonight. Mate has a season ticket and the bloke that sits next to him is away, so he let me have his ticket. The major problem is that I'll be amongst Liverpool supporters. If we are losing badly I'm not going to sit amongst them and listen to them all slagging us off.

I really hope we can get something from this match as it will be funny just sitting there amongst them chuckling on the inside. I can't see us getting anything though and can see myself leaving the match early....

I wouldn't leave early at VP, but I hate sitting amongst the oppositions supporters and hearing them slagging off the Villa. I'd rather go back home and drown my sorrows.