PL: Liverpool a 2009/08/24 Match Thread

limpid

I agree with the 5 man midfield formation tonight, with Gabby again being dropped to the bench.

I think Davies will continue at the back, whilst we wait for reinforcements to be brought in.

................Friedel

Beye.Cuellar.Davies.Shorey

.......Petrov.Delph.NRC

Milner..........................Young

..............Heskey

Subs: Guzan.Clark.Lowry.Sidwell.Gardner.Albrighton.Gabby.

Petrov and NRC are key tonight - they have to close down the Plop midfield and protect our fragile defence.

Delph will be the central outlet, with Milner and Young on the wings - although I expect Delph at times on the left, with Young playing just off Heskey.

Still think 1-0 to the Plop and harikiri on the boards by midnight

:winkold:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on with Luke Young? Apparently he's healthy now, but because his half brother died he's been granted time off. It's been 2 weeks now right? maybe more?

IMO it's time for him to get back and start playing....it may sound harsh, but come on...we need him.

Is there more to his story?

I would think Beye to centre back and NRC to right back would make more sense than bringing in a kid against Torres and Gerrard??

Hang on - they're putting their youngster Ayala up against Heskey, surely that's the same thing????

......maybe not :oops:

Off to the match tonight and am prepared to be in an awful mood after it. I think it will be 3-1 or 4-1 to Liverpool. Usually I'm optimistic, yet I can't see us getting a thing tonight. I hope the lads prove me wrong, but I just can't see past a loss on this one...

Dear Martin

whatever you're thinking, please don't go 4-4-2. especially with our defence and unbalanced midfield when we play 2 wingers

either go for a 5 man midfield of :

Young - Delph - NRC - Petrov - Milner with either Gabby/Carew up top

or give Young the free role and play a midfield 4 of :

Delph - NRC - Petrov - Milner with either Gabby/Carew up top

if the latter, Milner must play a more disciplined role and not hug the touchline all night

we need a left footer in there so Delph gets the nod ahead of Gardner or Sidwell for me, and i'd rather have Delph's pace/tackling against Johnson too

I would think Beye to centre back and NRC to right back would make more sense than bringing in a kid against Torres and Gerrard??

Forget the kid, did you not see NRC at right back at Anfield last season ???

SSHHUUDDDEER

I remember. But that was one game. And also one game against Riera, not against Ryan Babel...Liverpool's version of Agbonlahor - fast with zero talent.

I'm going out into Paris tonight to watch this with a mate - who happens to be a Pool fan. We'd better stuff them...

If you're in the area and see 2 blokes walking around in Villa/Pool shirts, come and say hi. ;)

for me

................Friedel

Lichaj.Cuellar.Beye.Shorey

.......Petrov.NRC.Sidwell

Milner..........................Young

Carew

subs

Guzan

Lowry

Gardner

Delph

Albrighton

Heskey

Delfouneso

will he play Reo-Coker after last seasons performance against Reira when he played at right back? I'd be tempted to through Lowry or Clark into the mix and keep Beye at right back. Either way i think we're going to get a tanking tonight, 4-1 liverpool.