Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Muscle tissue is for all intents and purposes muscle tissue. Differences are more due to where the muscles are and how the animal in question exercised said muscles. That chicken or cattle or pig or lamb muscle (ha, I just used the words "lamb" and "muscle" on a Villa forum... a first!) or deer muscle (delete as appropriate) is considered OK to eat and person or dog or cat or horse isn't is a social convention more than anything else (basically reflecting how much empathy we feel towards that species... though that said just about everyone who grew up on an actual farm I've talked to has a recollection of as a kid getting attached to a particular chicken and then being tasked with decapitating it).

I don't think that the vast majority of people would be upset that they ate a horse, more that they didn't know they did, and also if Tescos have no idea what meat is being used, there could be all sorts of crap in. Literally anything. 

I don't think that the vast majority of people would be upset that they ate a horse, more that they didn't know they did, and also if Tescos have no idea what meat is being used, there could be all sorts of crap in. Literally anything. 

msmeat.jpg

2010-10-05-Screenshot20101005atOct.57.10

_1482140_gummer150.jpg

That's disgusting. What worries me is that large companies and supermarkets spend a lot of money telling us how they know where their ingredients are coming from and that we should rest assured that we're eating quality and ethically produced food. 

And it's not true. 

True story: My mate is a fruit buyer for a company. Travels the world like the man from Del Monte and what not.

Now when he's back at base and goes into the packing warehouse, he watches as an employee from Waitrose selects the apples and shines them. All of the supermarches get the same produce but Waitrose don't want you to know that. So they get a bloke to shine them. 

Makes you laugh when you see the adverts, where the man is walking in an orchard with tinkly music and smiles as he hand picks it. Giving a satisfying nod as he puts it on the crate.

I'm not particularly bothered what animal I'm eating. Despite what biology tells us* I have made a conscious decision to be an Omnivore. I choose to eat meat because my body craves it, it makes me a stronger and in my opinion a healthier human being. I gave up the right to make a moralistic judgement on what animals I eat the day I made that conscious decision as an adult. So I'm not particularly squeemish about this subject at all. 

I consider myself lucky to not have to eat cheap, processed shite like economy burgers to get my fix. I generally know what I'm putting into my body because I take the precaution (and the expense) to buy from what I consider to be trusted sources. For that I'm thankful. However, others aren't so lucky. What really upsets me about all this is that those that aren't in a fit economic state to make those decisions have to show trust in the likes of Tesco, Findus, Lidle etc to make the correct, informed decisions for them. Instead, that choice is stripped from them and they are basically fed whatever crap the corporation can get their grubby little paws on, as long as the price is right.

It absolutely disgusts me. The consumer has rights and those rights have been violated. I hope those involved are severely punished. 

*Anatomically we are more similar to Herbivores than any other 'type'.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I have just had an amazing sandwich

I call it leemonds mighty meaty yellow bellied chicken deluxe sandwich

It consists of 3 pieces of BBQ chicken, 3 pieces of southern fried chicken 3 slices of bread and a more than healthy portion of jack Daniels original BBQ sauce.

Only thing is I forgot to add the bacon so I had that separate after, I turn into an amazing chef when I have had a drink

I have just had an amazing sandwich

I call it leemonds mighty meaty yellow bellied chicken deluxe sandwich

It consists of 3 pieces of BBQ chicken, 3 pieces of southern fried chicken 3 slices of bread and a more than healthy portion of jack Daniels original BBQ sauce.

Only thing is I forgot to add the bacon so I had that separate after, I turn into an amazing chef when I have had a drink

With the added bacon sounds bloody good

Â