• Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • BNP
    • Veritas
    • Jury team
    • Other Independent
    • I intend to set fire to the ballot box

I think Gordon may well be getting a visit of the men in grey suits early next week.

I think that they themselves were visited by the man in a grey suit (i.e. Mandy).

Without Mandy, Gordo was gone.

With Mandy, I can't see him going anywhere.

Going back to the Politics/Charisma discussion, I do feel that MP's and politics in general is not meant to be for everyone, certainly not to be as clear cut as watching Britains Got Talent.

However, I do think that politics needs to be much more engagin than it is at the moment, we know how ITV dumbs things down and tries to simplify things but perhaps that is what the media in general need to do for the majority of the public to understand the complexity of UK politics.

It appears to me you have to go searching for policy, information etc rather than it being brought to the public, I don't think politics is shouted about enough in this country unless it's negative press or some MP getting caught cottaging on Hamsted Heath in some 'moment of madness'

Wow, Brown does somthing right - getting rid of the godawful Flint.

As for Burnley, it doesn't surprise me that they elected a BNP to the county council. Horrible downtrodden shithole, full of nasty little racists.

Wow, Brown does somthing right - getting rid of the godawful Flint.

As for Burnley, it doesn't surprise me that they elected a BNP to the county council. Horrible downtrodden shithole, full of nasty little racists.

Careful, I agree its a dive, but you shouldn't tarnish EVERYONE from Burnley as being the same. I live in what might be considered as being a 'shithole' but I don't think im a scumbag.

*Hope not anyway!!

I voted conservative because Gordon Brown is quite possibly the most inept person in the world right now. As Daniel Hannan put it, he is pathalogically incapable of listening to criticism. He either smiles like some kind of coked up ponce or talks to the person next to him about how great he is, or how awesome Stalin was.

Correct.

Thank god the poll on this site doesn't in any way represent the actual electoral vote.

10 votes for Labour? :lol: clueless.

How desperate do you have to be when you can't even find a Woman MP to come on and defend Brown against the criticism chucked at him by Flint yesterday? Labour were forced to stick the Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for St Ives on BBC News before, I'm quite sure I heard shouts of WHHHHOOOOO????? coming from all over the country at the same time. Just to put it in perspective, thats a candidate for a seat where Labour are in a clear third place with only 13% of the vote, its not even a seat they have a chance of winning if they were high in the polls. She must be right down the list but she's the only female they could find to defend Brown, it really did speak volumes

Why would Brown need a woman to stand up for him.

Clear third in St Ives reflects pretty much where they were in the Euro elections I would imagine so no great shock there really.

Results coming in now. Seems the general expected results is that the centre left is going to take a bit of a battering, and the right (and so far, apparently in France the extreme left too) are picking up the pieces.

Very few results come through from the UK thus far though.

Tories take largest share of vote in Wales ?..that's a big shock ..labour vote down 12 %

Does the low turnout across Europe just confirm though that people don't actually want a European parliament .. give us our referendum , discuss what it is and what isn't and then let the people decide ...

I think it's more an athapy with the whole thing, than anything else. That and maybe a case of people just simply not understanding. Which isn't that big of a surprise since the EU itself doesn't have the greatest idea of what it wishes to do, ultimately.

Tories in Wales is a novel thing ;).

The far right always benefit in tough economic times.

Hopefully Brown will go and someone remotely competent will come in. A best case scenario then (for me) would be a hung parliament, with some more power given to the Lib Dems.

I think it's more an athapy with the whole thing, than anything else.

Apathy? :) Absolutely agree.

Nick Griffin managed to portray white British people as racially discriminated. Or did he? What planet is he coming form? And can we blow it up?

Â