• Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • BNP
    • Veritas
    • Jury team
    • Other Independent
    • I intend to set fire to the ballot box

leaving the European Union is not to be confused with policy of the far right though is it ? I have Hungarian wife who lives in England .. doesn't mean i can't want us out of the EU does it

That wasn't what I was meaning, Tony.

I thought it was slightly ironic that the United Kingdom Independence Party had selected a Spaniard to best represent its case.

It is not exactly the best case in favour of representative democracy, is it?

To elect someone who is neither a citizen nor a resident of this country to represent it is, frankly, incredibly bizarre.

A man that denies the Holocaust now represents part of this nation to Europe. Shameful really.

I'm genuinely gutted. It's not a complete shock but it still feels incredible it's happened.

I assume this is Nick Griffin talking on radio 5, he's just claimed that St George's Day celebrations are being banned in this country.

THIS IS TOTAL BOLLOCKS YOU CRETIN!!! :evil:

At least a load of people walked out and another loads turned their backs as he got up to speak.

A black night. I just hope a lot of this is a protest against Gordon Brown and MP's expenses than anything more sinister. The BNP is probably the ultimate protest vote after all.

I like the point that Charlie Brooker just made about BNP voters choosing to mark the 65th anniversary of D-Day by pissing on the graves of those who died fighting the Nazis though. It's kinda true, isn't it?

Great night for the centre-right parties throughout Europe, most notably in the UK, the Netherlands & Italy, with an exception of the Czech Republic, so that will do me :D

If only Daniel Hannan's views on Europe were representative of his Party Leader, although Mr Cameron may have to re-think his stance on the referendum after the British electorate have delivered a damning verdict tonight on the sham, that is the EU.

And Labour suffering their worst showing in the polls since 1918, beaten in Wales where they have never before lost, and not having a single MEP representative from the South-West of England, absolutely brilliant...Still think you can save the world Mr Brown?

Despite what seem to be a majority of left/liberal voters who seem to "shout loudest" on here, the statistics are there for all to see, and the British people have spoken tonight- and they've spoken loud and clear.

It was bound to happen eventually. I think it is in a way beneficial in mobilizing the politically apathetic and hopefully leading to a dampening of support for the BNP in the next elections. No doubt media sensationalism awaits

Great night for the centre-right parties throughout Europe, most notably in the UK, the Netherlands & Italy, with an exception of the Czech Republic, so that will do me :D

If only Daniel Hannan's views on Europe were representative of his Party Leader, although Mr Cameron may have to re-think his stance on the referendum after the British electorate have delivered a damning verdict tonight on the sham, that is the EU.

And Labour suffering their worst showing in the polls since 1918, beaten in Wales where they have never before lost, and not having a single MEP representative from the South-West of England, absolutely brilliant...Still think you can save the world Mr Brown?

Despite what seem to be a majority of left/liberal voters who seem to "shout loudest" on here, the statistics are there for all to see, and the British people have spoken tonight- and they've spoken loud and clear.

Completly agree. Great night :lol:

Maybe the politically correct PC brigade, will now realise, that it's not about racism it's about a clampdown on mass immigration and this is what the protest votes are all about.

I voted for the BNP, Im certainly not racist and I don't agree with much of what they say, but this is the ultimate protest vote, and my hope now is that Liebore and co will wake up to the views of our people.

Completly agree. Great night :lol:

Maybe the politically correct PC brigade, will now realise, that it's not about racism it's about a clampdown on mass immigration and this is what the protest votes are all about.

I voted for the BNP, Im certainly not racist and I don't agree with much of what they say, but this is the ultimate protest vote, and my hope now is that Liebore and co will wake up to the views of our people.

Good night it was delighted with the results :)

I voted BNP aswell for the same reasons. Hopefully now the tossers in goverment can wake up and see one of the main problems Im concerned about ....getting out of the EU and closing the doors and stopping mass immigration

Up The Villa

The ultimate protest vote is to go to the ballot and make your vote null and void, not to vote for an extreme.

The message you are trying to give can and will be used in a completely other sense.

The ultimate protest vote is to go to the ballot and make your vote null and void, not to vote for an extreme.

The message you are trying to give can and will be used in a completely other sense.

totally disagree thats the worse thing you can do

Shocking that the BNP have taken a seat.

Unfortunately it was inevitable as government policy over the years has created a feeding ground for the far right.

Labour banged the drum of the ultimately divisive 'multi-cultural society' for many years, before conceding that it didn't work.

They immigration and asylum system has seen people with 'leave to stay' maiming and murdering in our cities.

The same system has married perfectly to our out of control welfare system, resulting in us having far more claimants than we as taxpayers can afford.

The majority of the electorate have been excluded from a greater say in how their lives are run, while those in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have been presented with much more self determination.

I am not sure that the BNP is 'the ultimate protest vote'. Whilst registering a protest vote isn't a bad thing, I think that voting for any party that has an agenda of hate is bad for the country as a whole.

Fortunately a general election should see the BNP pegged back again. Perhaps Mr Brown could do Britain a favour by pegging the far right back sooner rather than later.

So, because you feel uncomfortable with the levels of immigration, you felt comfortable with putting your cross next to a party which only allows membership to people whose ethnic origin is described as emanating from the 'indigenous caucasian' racial group (source - BNP constitution)?

Some more analysis on the BNP vote:

link

Nick Robinson has just pointed out on the BBC that the BNP got fewer votes in the north-west last night, when it won a seat, than it did in 2004, when it didn't. The BNP got 134,959 votes in the region five years ago, and 132,094 votes last night. Robinson said this showed that it was the collapse in support for other parties that gave the BNP a seat in the European parliament - their share of the vote went up from 1.6%, to 8% - not the fact that more people were voting for them.

On the up side the BNP vote was down in Yorkshire despite winning a seat. The turnout was very low and we can assume a large portion of that was voters abstaining in protest, therefore at a General Election they shouldn't even get close to being elected.

I think the early analysis of the voting figures is interesting, UKIP gained from the Tories, the BNP from Labour. Hopefully that puts to bed the argument on here that UKIP / BNP hold essentially the same or very similar views.

Â