The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Not to get all music snobby (listen to what you happy), but you need to broaden your horizons, dude!

My advise is to get straight to the "What Song Are You Listening To" thread, and listen to everything useless posted.

Tried.

There is stuff I like listening to, but to me, nothing else compares.. It sort of, feels empty.

Although I am fully aware that my musical tastes are not the height of musical skill, it just sits right with me.

I'd love to love all different types of music, but I just can't - I've tried.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Xann said:

MfKGHL9.jpg

Man, this is like my dream concert (minus the Stones and Neil Young). Of course it's in the USA.

Well actually my dream concert would be Led Zeppelin but that's not going to happen.

Edited by Phumfeinz

I miss Useless.

I just hope he didn't take 'bantzz' as criticism.

There is no such thing as good taste and bad taste, music is music and all that.

(obviously mid atlantic rock and anything with high sales volumes is total shit, but yeah, you know)

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Tried.

There is stuff I like listening to, but to me, nothing else compares.. It sort of, feels empty.

Although I am fully aware that my musical tastes are not the height of musical skill, it just sits right with me.

I'd love to love all different types of music, but I just can't - I've tried.

I've got a few mates like that. I've got one mate who's record collection consists of music released between 1993 & 1998.

I can be pretty dismissive, reggae, I do not have time in my life for that, modern indie, but I think even the most broadminded can be dismissive.

I've got broader taste now than I've ever had. I still struggle massively with what I would clumsily describe as 'rock' and all it's variations from Bon Jovi to U2 to Kiss, Supertramp, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne etc..

That said, my last few gigs and my next few up coming could loosely be described as punk, folk and a sort of country n western techno....

Coming up in December, my first ever gig at the Hammersmiff Empire. Alabama 3 (again!).

I dont have anything booked in till June then have The Delta Bombers twice, Nottingham and Manchester and a psychobilly alldayer in Derby. Definitely need to get a country gig booked in.

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I dont have anything booked in till June then have The Delta Bombers twice, Nottingham and Manchester and a psychobilly alldayer in Derby. Definitely need to get a country gig booked in.

Ah, The Soup Kitchen, a proper venue. Saw The Tapestry in there last Thursday.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

anything with high sales volumes is total shit

Hmmm. Music snob? (yeah, I know pot - kettle) seriously though anything?

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Hmmm. Music snob? (yeah, I know pot - kettle) seriously though anything?

Come on man, I was being hipster. Music is music was supposed to be the thrusting message.

There's nothing better than a Blondie / Beatles / Jam mixtape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yes at Symphony Hall tomorrow, maybe a drinkie or a ruby after

Rob I read your post and thought who is going to see and then I realised that the Yes referred to the band and not you just being pleased to be going out :)

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

On 04/05/2016 at 10:44, Phumfeinz said:

Man, this is like my dream concert (minus the Stones and Neil Young). Of course it's in the USA.

Well actually my dream concert would be Led Zeppelin but that's not going to happen.

yep led zep for me too. pre 73 though.

are yes any good these days?

I'll soon find out!

Apparently the new vocalist is just like Jon Anderson. They are playing Fragile and Drama albums in their entirety.

James tomorrow night at the Forum , probably about the 10th time I've seen them .... Still one of the Most under rated bands around 

My mate bumped into Tim Booth today walking around in London , did the obligatory selfie with him and had a chat 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I'll soon find out!

Apparently the new vocalist is just like Jon Anderson. They are playing Fragile and Drama albums in their entirety.

Saw them last time round doing the Yes Album, Close to the Edge and Going for the One. They were great, new singer sounds exactly like Jon Anderson.

Shame about Chris Squire though.

Â