The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

**** that, id rather get rimmed by micheal barrymore.

With your history pal, i'm surprised you weren't at that pool party :P

Yeah I've been once before and it was fantastic. The line-up isn't great so far but it's a holiday in the sunshine with music so I'm happy. Muse should be good! 

I've just seen the line-up to NOS Alive in Lisbon, really wish I had have booked that instead. Incredible line-up!!!

Edited by PieFacE

Just back from Leeds, after seeing Lee Scratch Perry. Was a bit worried at first, as when Mad Professor played before him, the sound was pretty terrible, and the speakers couldn't cope with the bass. Thankfully they didn't have that issue with Scratch. His set was excellent, and his band were top notch. He's pretty much the Mark E Smith of Reggae, when he plays live, as he pretty much talks incoherently over the songs, but in a good way. Was slightly wincing at the end too, when it sounded like he was saying some pretty homophobic stuff, but I may have misheard.  

So saw Diiv last night and it was absolutely incredible! One of the best gigs I've been too since stumbling upon The Cooper Temple Clause at Reading festival about 13 years ago.

Also tried to get Radiohead tickets this morning, surprise surprise Ticketmaster had sold out of tickets before they even went on sale. Literally, from 8:50 onwards I was hitting refresh, when they went on sale at 9am, there was none available. Ticketmaster are a complete joke. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would honestly rather see Rihanna and beiber at V than those 3

I think that's what festivals should be about. Seeing acts you wouldn't normally go near.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

So the Glastonbury headliners confirmed as Muse, Adele and Coldplay. Disappointing is an understatement.

I guess after Kanye last year it can only be seen as a major upgrade but yep thank Christ I don't go Glastonbury as I think I'd be putting my tickets in the bin about now

On TGI Friday some time back I think Evans told Duran Duran he knew who was headline for the next 2 years , the way he said it suggested it was the same act .... So one of those  3 is probably going to mean you are disappointed right through to 2017 

got my missus surprise tickets for stevie wonder at hyde park in july. she loves him and her mum has said she will also go as i weren't that arsed about going. was going to leave it until next week but they are selling fast and no way am i paying 5 times their face value when they sell out. 

Monster Magnet were excellent at the O2 in Kentish Town. Ears have only just stopped ringing. First support band who's name I've forgot and Orange Goblin were great too, all for £23. Who said London was expensive?

Even the Uber taxi after was only twelve quid to get back to balham:)

Â