The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Having a dilemma about Chemical Brothers on Clapham Common this summer. 

My nephew really wants me to take him and I'd be more than happy to. The only problem is that it's an 18+ gig and he'll be 4 months short of that at the time. I really don't want to drop £140 on two tickets only to be turned away at the door. 

Anyone know how seriously they check these things on the way in?

The fact that it says on page 1 of the ticketing website 'no ID, no entry' suggests they could be serious. 

This is how some people claim to have got over this same obstacle earlier this year:

e-mail them, stating that nephew will be 18, but doesn't currently have a photo ID, driving licence or passport. Ask if it will be ok to bring the birth certificate. If they say yes in an e-mail response, you then spend an evening 'shopping a really good birth certificate with the amended date of birth. You take this, along with your e-mail trail. They will check it and query it, you will volunteer that it's a photocopy as you are not so stupid as to take an original birth certificate to a gig, you will keep calm and polite but create a delay at the gate. They will let you in 'this time'.

Nipper was 50% shocked and disgusted at dad's devious nature, 50% pleased as **** to get in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

The fact that it says on page 1 of the ticketing website 'no ID, no entry' suggests they could be serious.

This is how some people claim to have got over this same obstacle earlier this year:

e-mail them, stating that nephew will be 18, but doesn't currently have a photo ID, driving licence or passport. Ask if it will be ok to bring the birth certificate. If they say yes in an e-mail response, you then spend an evening 'shopping a really good birth certificate with the amended date of birth. You take this, along with your e-mail trail. They will check it and query it, you will volunteer that it's a photocopy as you are not so stupid as to take an original birth certificate to a gig, you will keep calm and polite but create a delay at the gate. They will let you in 'this time'.

Nipper was 50% shocked and disgusted at dad's devious nature, 50% pleased as **** to get in.

Also make sure to check if there are sniffer dogs on the gates, stating your nephew is allergic to dogs...

• Like 1

a friends daughter had a totally legit replacement birth certificate and photo id when she was 16 for an 18 year old, this friend believes it was a piece of piss to get someones identity stuff off the internet and that was 11 years ago.

• Like 1

Just back from Shonen Knife at the Sage. Great show, as always. I think they are possibly my new favourite three people in the world. Impossible to come out of one of their gig not smiling.  

• Like 1

On 26/04/2016 at 15:04, dAVe80 said:

Full Teenage Fanclub UK tour in November! Whitley Bay and Leeds being played. I'm happy! :D

Fannies ticket purchased today for Whitley Bay. :thumb:

The only gig I have been to in 10 years is to see my younger brother who is the drummer in punk band Rotunda. Prior to that after a long and distinguished gig / concert attending career it was The Wonder Stuff in Wolverhampton just before the kids came along Desperately want to take my 13 year old lad and 11 year old daughter to a gig.

I actually planned what music I was going to play in the car when. I brought them home from hospital after being born.  My son was Stanley road by Weller. It and subsequent hard work has all fallen on deaf ears with awful shlt being belted out from various websites (of course they won't pay for any music)  other than the lad does like a bit of Green Day. 

I am desperate to take them to a gig. Missed Stereophonics at the NEC in December. Might try and get Ocean Colour Scene at Moseley Park in the summer because no way am I doing Shawn Mendes! 

Edited by sidcow

On 29/04/2016 at 05:39, Seat68 said:

Saw Rotunda a few times, pretty good band. 

Lead singer is a huge Villa fan. Seen him in the holte a few times 

Went to see Noel Gallagher @ the NEC (Genting) last Friday.

I don't like a lot of music outside of Oasis/High Flying Birds - so it's really is the pinnacle of anything I can do/see concert wise.

Needless to say, he was brilliant.  Great set, including a couple of fun, yet silly songs like Digsy's Diner and D'yer wanna be a space man? from 22 years ago - really nice to hear them live, thought I'd missed that boat obviously.

Fantastic 10/10 :):):)

12 hours ago, Xann said:

MfKGHL9.jpg

somebody on that twitter yesterday pointed out that given the 2016 we've had so far, that's quite an optimistic line up for 5 months time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't like a lot of music outside of Oasis/High Flying Birds

Not to get all music snobby (listen to what floats your boat), but you need to broaden your horizons, dude!

My advise is to get straight to the "What Song Are You Listening To" thread, and listen to everything useless posted.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â