The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Just got some tickets for Television at Gateshead Sage. Fairly excited about this one.

That should be good, when is it? I wouldn't mind seeing them at The Sage I love that venue

Friday 15th November. Not sure how far away from selling out it is, but my mate got a ticket about a week ago, with no problems.

Yeah when I said I wouldn't mind seeing them at The Sage I didn't mean I was going to, I wouldn't be able to afford to see one of the live acts in the flapper and firkin (is that place still open?) let alone pay to go to Newcastle get tickets, BnB and all that jazz, especially this side of Xmas as well

Arctic Monkeys in Cardiff tonight.

Can not wait!

This was fantastic.

Such a good band to see live, Alex Turner is an exceptionally talented performer. Was good to see a variety of songs from each of their albums making the set-list. Old Yellow Bricks would be my personal highlight of the night, was great to hear that one being peddled out, that and an acoustic version of Mardy Bum. Awesome stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Soz if anyone's posted about this gig already but just booked to see Yes at the Symphony Hall next May.

Playing The Yes Album, Close To The Edge and Going For The One in their entirety.Really looking forward to hearing that lot!

JoshVilla is happy too.

• Like 1

Saw Television tonight at The Sage, in Gateshead. Amazing. Richard Lloyd is no longer with them, but Jimmy Rip is a more than able replacement. It's an obvious pick, but Marquee Moon was immense. 

Got tix for Blackberry Smoke at the Slade Rooms next March, for an amazing £12.

was going to see The Eagles at the LG but with the choice of £130 per ticket near the front or £56 a million miles away from stage, they can stick it

Can not wait!

This was fantastic.

Such a good band to see live, Alex Turner is an exceptionally talented performer. Was good to see a variety of songs from each of their albums making the set-list. Old Yellow Bricks would be my personal highlight of the night, was great to hear that one being peddled out, that and an acoustic version of Mardy Bum. Awesome stuff.

Booked my tix for Finsbury Park today. Next week grab tickets for Arcade Fire at Earl's Court.

Can not wait!

This was fantastic.

Booked my tix for Finsbury Park today. Next week grab tickets for Arcade Fire at Earl's Court.

Was soo tempted to get tickets and am very jealous. Tame Impala are another of my favourite bands.

Alabama 3 tonight

it's a tricky one, I need a sturdy filling meal before I advance to the pub hours in advance of doors opening.....but I also want to fit into my dancing pants

I've had the foresight to put 'out at meeting' in the office diary for tomorrow.

Spent a total of 14 hours on a coach over the weekend to get to the Brudenell Social Club's 100th birthday up in Leeds.  ¡Forward, Russia! and This Et Al both reformed for the night.  I think my gig-going days have now peaked.

That said, I'll be off to iLiKETRAiNS' 10 year anniversary tour next February, where they'll be playing their debut EP Progress Reform in it's entirety.  This gives me the happy feeling in my pants.

'Bama gig was a sell out and I left the tickets home. After a few attempts at e-mailing myself pdf's of barcodes and other smartphone wizardry it basically came down to having to phone my wife and ask if it was at all possible if she might not mind in her own time, driving into town with the tickets.

That was hurdle number 1 cleared. Hurdle 2, was 4 tickets between 5 of us. Sat in a pub a little distance from the gig discussing various schemes for getting 4 in on 5 tickets, the lead singer walks in for a quiet pre gig coffee. We told him our sorry tale and he sorted us out with a place on the guest list. Mr Larry Love, you are a saint.

Gig was just as immense as expected. 

Saw band perry at the institute on Friday, due to a club night it was all over by 9. They were excellent, far better than I anticipated and put on hell of a show. Cheaterslicks a week on friday.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been to any gig in what seems like years but will do two next month, going primarily to see the support acts in both cases. Reel Big Fish supporting Less than Jake in Bristol and Flogging Molly supporting Frank Turner in Cardiff, that's going to be a good week! 

Already got tickets to kick off next Christmas' party season, double bill of Nine Below Zero and Dr Feelgood late November.

Only a single original band member between the both, but hey, party season.

Â