The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

yep. I was going to shoot for rum and coke until i realised the only rum i could discern was captain morgans and swiftly switched to the red stripe. not my favourite lager but did the trick, yellowman and dillinger were great fun. recommend catching them if you can 

Best part of 200 peeps on stage.

That does makes me wonder; if they play the theme from 'The Thing', what do 199 people do whilst the 1 guy presses the same button on the synthesizer over and over again?

PS This isn't a slight on The Thing theme, which is brilliant.

Tragedy - all metal Bee Gees tribute band - anybody know if they're any good? Sounds awful to me but I've been asked out and I don't want to look like a snob by turning it down without having sampled it.

Put it like this, I've been offered a ticket exchange for a spare Shonen Knife ticket I've got, I suspect the other guy is getting the better deal.

Blackberry Smoke last night at the Wulfrun...very very good indeed. One of those bands that sound even better live than on album. I'm sure Seat68 will agree!

Also...two support bands and a headliner for £12 a ticket, £14 with extras - for three of us that was cheaper than one seat in the Trinity Road. Shows how overpriced football is

Blackberry Smoke last night at the Wulfrun...very very good indeed. One of those bands that sound even better live than on album. I'm sure Seat68 will agree!

Also...two support bands and a headliner for £12 a ticket, £14 with extras - for three of us that was cheaper than one seat in the Trinity Road. Shows how overpriced football is

A great show to be honest, very tight, not much inbetween song banter, just a great set of southern rock. Packed house as well, really based on last night I cant understand why it was supposed to be in the slade rooms initially. I saw the cadillac three last week and they plough a similar furrow but where C3 disappointed, these certainly didnt.

I've seen the opening band before at a gig last year (might have been Buckcherry) and their frontman was a bit less moody last night. Previously he didn't say a word to the crowd and walked offstage at the end leaving his mates looking bemused!

Keys

Gig to launch new album, 6th April

I'll be there

(note: Keys, not 'the black keys', a little bit like the black keys, but real and touchable)

The Keys sound like Spiritualized swapping notes with The Zombies in Roky Eriksson’s studio, having eaten enough psychotropics to invoke the ghosts of Captain Beefheart and Frank Zappa.

oh yeah, £6, cost is no indicator of quality

Edited by chrisp65

• 3 weeks later...

ATG announcing another 33 bands at lunchtime to add to the already sploosh-worthy line-up...

...and they are:

God is an Astronaut
El Ten Eleven (YES **** YES **** GET THE **** IN :clap:
Tall Ships
I Like Trains
Year of No Light
Alarmist
We Are Knuckle Dragger
No Spill Blood
BATS
Lost in the Riots
Cleft
Olympians
Shiver
Human Pyramids
Astrohenge
Diagonal
Rumour Cubes
Monsters Build Mean Robots
Blueneck
The Winchester Club
Suffer Like G Did
Charlie Barnes
Memory of Elephants
Big Joan
AK/DK
Adding Machine
Samoans
Waking Aida
Wicket
Sleep Beggar
Howard James Kenny
Super Squarecloud
Flies Are Spies From Hell

Bjkk6OuCcAAIc6v.jpg

tumblr_inline_mztb71FYzU1s2g3sj.gif
Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

We Are Knuckle Dragger

AKA the small heath care in the community choir? Famous for their hit singles, "Shit on da Villa" and "Wipe that snot of the end of your bluenose"

Â