The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

general question:

How would you chaps go about trying to blag an interview and photo with a relatively middling famed band that are gigging in town?

My plan at the moment is to just plain ask, plus offer of tea and cake and absolute brutal honesty that our paper copy publications circulation is circa 200 and actually a football programme, but with a further couple of thousand following it online.

general question:

How would you chaps go about trying to blag an interview and photo with a relatively middling famed band that are gigging in town?

My plan at the moment is to just plain ask, plus offer of tea and cake and absolute brutal honesty that our paper copy publications circulation is circa 200 and actually a football programme, but with a further couple of thousand following it online.

A mate of mine is a photographer and has got himself into gigs by emailing the manager of the artists. If you just tell them what it's for, and how long it'll take, I'm sure you'll probably have a bit of success.

Edited by dAVe80

general question:

Its easier than you think, get in touch with the people that do their press, if they are a current band on the ascendency they will have someone, if they are a band that used to be famous, chances are they might do it themselves, in that case target the drummer on twitter, drummers dont get much love.

• Like 1

Only time I'll be "ITK" on anything ever, but I can confirm (an entire week before it's announced anyways, whoop-de-freaking-do!) that iLiKETRAiNS and Her Name Is Calla will also be playing ArcTanGent this year.

Cate Le Bon was excellent tonight. I like that she sounds like Nico, Lou Reed, Stereolab, Kate Bush, Love, Dirty Three, and a few others rolled into one Welsh package. If you get the chance, you should go see her live.

ATG announcing more acts at midday. 141981d1350526127-last-poster-wins-15-ex

Off to The Lexington this Thursday to see a band called Thumpers, which I am and am not looking forward to.  It was a Xmas pressie for the missus, as the main chaps were in one of her favourite bands that broke up a fair few years ago, but as they're quite the radio-friendly act with a considerable amount of hype (and a debut album not long out), I'm slightly dreading how packed the venue's going to be with *shudder* youths.  One for standing riiiight at the back, methinks.

well, Dante Bonutto interview is in the bag, didn't expect to get that one........and we have no questions lined up!

a little homework required, luckily, this one will be headed up by a total Kiss nut

nice one!

Needing to get back into gigs. Saw Ezra Furman last weekend which was chuffing brilliant, and beginning to line up a few more - ignoring the pleaing from the wallet. Not exactly a gig, but looking forward to the craig charles funk and soul show at the globe, cardiff in april though. 

A very late announcement (as in this lunchtime!), tomorrow night, Earth headline and Cian Ciaran support at a tiny little town hall gig 

They are going to take cash on the door, but I got me a couple of tickets just to be sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPMS5QUETM

BhCPDafIMAA2hdR.jpg

BhBXo5nIAAAinMX.jpg

enjoyed that a lot more than I expected, the kids did a piece that they've written themselves over the last few weeks and it was more British Sea Power than Brahms, so good on 'em. Brahms was fine too.

BhHbZc0IQAEXBdT.jpg

Well, that was fun. About 40 of us in a little town hall listening to one of the best little bands around at the moment.

Note town hall lighting set up, lighting options included on and off.

Not bad when you've got Cian Ciaran as your support band too.

• Like 1

More ATG bands to be announced at lunchtime.  Sargent House are running a stage and have confirmed they've booked another few yet-to-be announced acts; perusing their roster, it could be anyone from Adebisi Shank, Boris, Deafheaven, Fang Island, Helms Alee, Mylets, Native, Russian Circles or Zorch.  I've a hunch it'll be Adebisi Shank, Russian Circles and one other, and I'm really hoping for Zorch.

ended up plumping for tickets to the End of the Road festival in August. line up looks lots of fun. 

Yellowman and Dillinger lined up for Thursday for old school reggae should be fun. Temples were sold out. which was a bugger but nevermind.

I only just realised the Globe is back up and running as a venue again so I'm trying to get my fill there now, before it inevitably closes again in 6 months :/

4 cans of redstripe for £10 is the default drink of choice at the Globe

last time, this resulted in me phoning a taxi, using the office account and password and running up a £60 bill for a grand tour

Â