The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

We Are Knuckle Dragger

AKA the small heath care in the community choir? Famous for their hit singles, "Shit on da Villa" and "Wipe that snot of the end of your bluenose"

haha!

Also why have all these "new" bands got such shite pretentious names?

• 2 weeks later...

Booked up to see British Sea Power play with Durham Brass Band, in July at the Gala in Durham. Must confess I'm more excited about seeing Durham Brass Band though. I do love a brass band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

events3309.jpg

Daft question, did these used to be murry the hump, or certainly had members that were in murry the hump. I saw them a fair bit before the release of their debut album and then they split up. I think I heard that they were going to call themselves the keys, but as this was 10 years ago I suspect its a different band.

yeah, well spotted, it's Murry the Hump

incidentally, 'Five' and 'Don't Slip Up' by Murry are currently standards on my mix tapes I force on people

Keys are one of those bands that you can't understand* why they're not bigger and better recognised, a heck of a live sound

* though saying that, I suspect it's because they are too disorganised to properly promote their live gigs, you have to really try to find out when and where they are playing, plus, live they are awesome, youtube and cd they are just good, not special, not unlike so many bands over the years (anyone remember early line ups of Nine Below Zero?).

libertines confirmed for hyde park festival, tickets will be like rocking horse shit, good support and other stages too, hopefully the twang and the rifles wont clash with them

liam gallagher tweeting OASIS last night too so the glastonbury headliner rumours have gone nuts

Just got back from seeing Dan Stuart. Not heard of him before. Former front man of a group called Red on Green i think. Anyway, was terrific blues acoustic and electric, cynical and melancholic but very entertaining in between songs too.

• 3 weeks later...
Â