The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Even though The Beatles recorded the greatest and most influential deep reggae track... Ob La Di Ob La Da. 

Possibly one of their more heartfelt titles

McCarthorse was in town at the weekend, with James Corden doing that stupid car programme, he also played a greatest hits set in the Philhramonic Pub. Fortunately this was roughly the same time as Lee Scratch Perry was on :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Hollywood Vampires tomorrow, but secured tix last night for Greta Van Fleet in November. They got rave reviews at Download...tried to see them in March but it was sold out.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised as to how good The Psychedelic Furs were, one of the tightest bands I’ve seen in a long time.  And Richard Butler was clearly in his element and enjoying himself

49C94E8A-D19B-4D64-BF4B-38C3B49FE8E8.jpeg

6DDD7EC1-6A40-4C09-8286-D46958553EBF.jpeg

Saw Pearl Jam for the first time last night. Eddie's voice was on the way out (tonight's show postponed), but all in all thoroughly enjoyed it. Its been a long 25yrs waiting to finally see them live.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2018 at 12:32, rjw63 said:

Hollywood Vampires tomorrow, but secured tix last night for Greta Van Fleet in November. They got rave reviews at Download...tried to see them in March but it was sold out.

Vamps were reasonably good but The Darkness were great, Justin Hawkins is a top frontman

On 19/06/2018 at 17:49, stuart_75 said:

Saw Pearl Jam for the first time last night. Eddie's voice was on the way out (tonight's show postponed), but all in all thoroughly enjoyed it. Its been a long 25yrs waiting to finally see them live.

Didn't spot that the wednesday got cancelled. I know someone who couldn't go and was trying to offload his ticket. I kinda hope he didn't now for his sake if they are coming back in July.

On 19/06/2018 at 17:49, stuart_75 said:

I'm seeing them in Madrid in July  ..hopefully he will have recovered by then

not many bands left on my bucket list once i see them

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm seeing them in Madrid in July  ..hopefully he will have recovered by then

not many bands left on my bucket list once i see them

Pearl Jam in Stockholm 2012 is in my top 3 gigs ever. They do however go through their entire catalog during their tours so can never be sure what setlist you get. The only dead certains are Alive and Even flow

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Pearl Jam in Stockholm 2012 is in my top 3 gigs ever. They do however go through their entire catalog during their tours so can never be sure what setlist you get. The only dead certains are Alive and Even flow

This.

I wanted Corduroy, Jeremy & Yellow Ledbetter at London but got none of them.

• Like 1

Just booked some tickets for this. ?

Well looking forward to this one. Never been to the RNCM before but from reading up on it seems to be a good intimate venue.

Barry Adamson

Monday 29 October, doors 7.00pm

RNCM Theatre

Barry_Adamson.jpg

To celebrate the release of his upcoming brand new album later this year, Barry Adamson will headline two intimate shows at Manchester’s RNCM and London’s Union Chapel.

October 2018 marks the release of a brand new Barry Adamson anthology which brings together tracks from post punk legends Magazine, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds alongside classic Adamson tracks from throughout his solo career including I Got Clothes – A Certain Ratio Rework which was playlisted by 6Music for five weeks, Jazz Devil, The Big Bamboozle and The Man With The Golden Arm.

Barry Adamson has been creating all of his life. Perhaps his greatest creation is himself as a multi-disciplined artist. The self-taught musician rose to prominence as the bass player in Magazine and toured extensively. His establishment as a solo artist came after a three year stint with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and heralded the release of his seminal first solo album, Moss Side Story. Critically-acclaimed, it raised Adamson’s name as a composer of diverse complexity; able to tell a story with music, where the images were those supplanted in the minds of the listeners.

Offers quickly followed and saw Adamson work with some of the film industry’s most intriguing mavericks including Derek Jarman, David Lynch, Oliver Stone and Danny Boyle.

Having released nine studio albums, including the 1992 Mercury Music Prize nominated Soul Murder, Adamson has continued to tour globally with his talents being in as much demand by new generations of artists, as he was after his first solo release.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 08:28, Stevo985 said:

Flight of the Conchords tonight. Rearranged from March so been waiting a while :D 

They were really good.

Not as good as the last time they toured, imo. They had a lot of new stuff in there. Some of it was funny but there were a couple of songs in there that missed the mark, and then subsequently seemed to go on for way too long. So that kind of padded it out a bit.

Plus a few classics were missing which was also a shame. 

But still brilliant :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They were really good.

Not as good as the last time they toured, imo. They had a lot of new stuff in there. Some of it was funny but there were a couple of songs in there that missed the mark, and then subsequently seemed to go on for way too long. So that kind of padded it out a bit.

Plus a few classics were missing which was also a shame. 

But still brilliant :D 

Was there too. There was a lot of new stuff, which can be a little frustrating, but I enjoyed most of them. Agree on missing classics which would have made it brilliant! 

Arenas though - how many idiots a) can’t find their seats, b) have to constantly get up to go to loo/beer and c) leave before the end?! 

• Like 1

Â