The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Seatwave and Getmein to be shut down in October

Ticketmaster even tried to make  it to sound like it wasn't them that's been ripping people off left right and centre for years when they made the announcement

I'm sure they will find a new way to fleece us all though ....

Just now, bickster said:

You only get ripped off, if you are prepared to be ripped off. No one makes you buy overpriced tickets

Ah yes, the people complaining they had to pay £150 to see Ed Sheeran / The Bangles / Timmy Mallet / Stereophonics.

No, you didn't have to pay that. 

Saw three bands for a tenner last Thursday evening (though admittedly, I actually stood outside for the first two bands, but in theory, £3.33 each).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah yes, the people complaining they had to pay £150 to see Ed Sheeran / The Bangles / Timmy Mallet / Stereophonics.

Interesting choice of names. 

Wouldn't pay 150 quid, but the first Bangles album is really good. 

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

see my previous answer , it's the how they were doing the over charging that I was taking issue with   , my view has always been face value or don't go ( or make a lads trip of it and go and see the band in a foreign country :) )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

All over the place  ?

Only found out a wee while ago that "Going down to Liverpool " was a Katrina and the waves song originally

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

genuine random stream of consciousness

no idea where Timmy Mallet came from in there!

The Bangles was what came out when I tried to think 'current girl band'. Ha ha! How out of date am I, we all know it's The Spice Girls these days. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

All over the place  ?

Only found out a wee while ago that "Going down to Liverpool " was a Katrina and the waves song originally

That's the badger. Liverpool was a pretty close copy of the Waves original. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

..... the first Bangles album is really good. 

Yeah, it’s decent pop. I’ve got it somewhere.....on cassette. I bought it when it came out, I think from “our price” in St Austell. Not listened to it in years, obviously.

• Like 1

@chrisp65 I have an album called “ my garden state” by a bloke called Glenn Jones which is full of just that finger picking brilliance. I also Accidentally bought an album by a bloke called charlie Jones in attempting to get the right one, and that’s ok in its own way, too.

• Like 1

I can't listen to it all the time, but yeah, when you're in the right mood for it.

Saw a guy called Rick Tomlinson under the band name Voice of the Seven Woods doing a similar thing but a little more electric and he just blew me away. From memory, the gig was Voice of the Seven Woods, plus a dj set from Andy Votel.

Later, i tried asking Mr Votel what some of the records were he'd been playing. Apparently, that is not cool. Meh, that'll be 'cos I'm not cool.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

you got free tickets for the Bunnymen the over week and they were still over priced so that negates your argument :P

I don't pay their prices , it was more that you get ripped off in that tickets have sold out 12 seconds after they officially went on sale and were then miraculously available on Getmein after 13 seconds .. in theory that should end and fans will sell to fans at a fair price ...as per Twickets

Suede in October is my next gig .. I'll await your merriment in the Autumn :)

Trash...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

got some flat boy slim tickets today, not until feb next year, friday night at the NIA, not really my type of music either but its just going to be a good night, it'll be a tear up thats for sure

You did well, heard tickets were thin on the ground....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

got some flat boy slim tickets today, not until feb next year, friday night at the NIA, not really my type of music either but its just going to be a good night, it'll be a tear up thats for sure

I saw him the other year at Camp Bestival

my son loved all the visuals but music wise it  just sounded like one long recording of a cat having its tail pulled in time with a drum machine 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friend of ours plays guitar for Chesney Hawks band and they played at one of my local pubs tonight to a few hundred people.... mixture of his material and some cover songs

ill be honest and say I really enjoyed it , the new songs he’s written are actually fairly decent , but won’t get any exposure of course and the covers were well done ....I’ve seen far worse pub bands 

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Friend of ours plays guitar for Chesney Hawks band and they played at one of my local pubs tonight to a few hundred people.... mixture of his material and some cover songs

ill be honest and say I really enjoyed it , the new songs he’s written are actually fairly decent , but won’t get any exposure of course and the covers were well done ....I’ve seen far worse pub bands 

Haha I thought that was a spoof on your Facebook :clap:

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha I thought that was a spoof on your Facebook :clap:

I wish ... you’d have enjoyed it he played “Imagine” at one  point 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Â